2004 Audi A6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

3.0 Avant quattro 3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Purchased Used with 62k miles
By charbojr on 01/08/14 09:56 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this off the lot with 62k miles on it. This will be my daily driver. Purchased for it's all weather capability and european refinement. For a 10 year old car this one is in fairly good shape. Some gremlins do plague the car, phantom sunroof, power steering pump went in the first 20 days and driver side rear window does not work. But this is part and parcel for a 10 year old car. It is also a heavy drinker. 18 around town and 22-24 highway on premium gas. Beyond these nuances the car is capable, comfortable, solid on the road and for the money drives better than most newer cars and has more cargo space than most SUVs.

Worst car ever
By btoring on 09/22/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle started leaking oil and running rough at less than 12k. Dealer would not repair. Finaly after many complaints, dealer found coolant was leaking into the head gaskets. Short story is dealer has had the head gaskets out 3 separate times to 'resurface', car still leaking oil, repaired that several times. I was told the car is like a piece of cheese, when one hole is fixed, another opens up! That must be professional mechanic speak. Car has been in 29 times for serious repair in less than 2 years.

Best on market, get one while you can!
By I75AVANT on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior auto was 2001 A6 2.8 Front Track "Celebration Package" - It was entry level but got me in the door. Was impressed by warranty support. My lease was up and my 2004 Avant was sitting on the lot - it was meant to be. Quattro is AMAZING! I found myself in the left lane being tailgated by a trucker - Tiptronic - from 75 to 85 in nothing flat to get myself out of a bad situation. The Michelins and Quattro were like rails. Needless to say, the best safety feature is a car capable of getting you out of a bad situation before it occurs.

Audi A6 Avant
By lhata on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent automobile that my family loves!

Looks Great, Drives even better!
By DJPalland on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Audi A6, my first one was a 96 Avant, the 2nd one a 00 Sedan, I missed the cargospace, so i bought the 04 Avant. Drives great, handling is good. I think the looks are better than the BMW 5 series touring.

2004 Audi A6 Avant - Superb!
By MPero on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My A6 Avant is a sporty and versatile alternative to an SUV, more fun to drive, gets better gas mileage, and is nicer looking. The car's build quality is evident with no sqeaks or rattles in spite of really rotten local roads. The electronic stabization program/yaw control and quattro kept me in control and safe while swerving into the Interstate median grass at 70 MPH when an 18 wheeler blew a tire directly in front of me. The A6 is a much better value for the dollar as compared to BMW 530 Wagon or MB E320 Wagon and gives nothing up to those two marques. The interior materials are superb. We could not be pleased more with our new A6 Avant!

SMALL STUFF!
By JOHN MATT on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'M 6'3"AND DRIVING SPACE FOR MY LEGS IS GOOD WITH SEAT ALMOST ALL THE WAY BACK. GOOD POWER FROM THE MOTOR,BUT WOULD LIKE BETTER GAS MILEAGE.NO MECANICAL OR DRIVING PROBLEMS.VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER STATIONWAGON.

Model Update Needed
By Chance Vought on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 A6's and find the new 3.0 to have lost substantial refinement.The engine although adding 20 horsepower feels crude when compared to the 2.8 and sounds as if it is working too hard.Even the brushed alluminum gear shift plate has been reduced in size over the older models and the fabric covering the gear shift and the steering wheel is a very coarse space age product I would expect to find on a non luxury vehicle.The model is showing its age. Time for a new one.