Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Great Car
By AQBill

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Audi and with one exception, it's been my favorite. Did have to replace transmission "computer" chip outside of warranty and they don't come cheap. On the other hand the car has provided wonderful service, It's stylish, comfortable, quiet, reliable and gets exceptional milage - 22 to 24 in town and 30 to 32 on the road at 70 mph. I am, however, a geezer driver - as my children tell me - so I don't flog either the engine or brakes.

Quiet, Efficient, Large Trunk, good Stereo System and great highway ride.

A few interior wood trim pieces are cracking prematurely and the lumbar support system isn't quite versatile enough for me.

Phenomenal Car
By Audifan

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the '04 S-line in Sept '09 with 55k miles on it. Mint condition for 15k. Could not be happier! added APR chip to get HP to 310 and it really makes a difference. Used to have 3 series BMW and this blows it away. Build quality is so much better. best vehicle i've ever driven in foul weather (snow, rain). Very safe feeling in all situations. One thing i learned is Dealers will kill you on repairs. got to find an indy tech. watch out for the cam adjuster seal leak' DLR scam. they claim its $1200 in labor. only takes them 2 hrs! find an independent mechanic or get warranty. wonderful car. had not problems at 72k miles yet.

Power after perf. chip added. Build quality. safety, power, cup holder is better than BMW at least. For 15k this is best car on the road hands down

Stick shift! how can they not make this in a stick. what a crime. turbo lag could be better. stereo could be a bit improved ( i don't have the Bose though)

Once you go QUATTRO you cant go back!
By VGHOSTINE

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best piece of man made machine I have ever driven. I drove Infiniti G35's and Nissan 350Z and then had two hondas and one gm. Of all those cars, I can say this is in its own category and nothing comes to close to the performance and comfort and style and OH YOU HAVE A NICE CAR comments. MY next car will be an A8L but I will enjoy every bit of my A6. Every time I start the engine and hear the muffler noise (modified) I just cant wait to hit on the gas pedal and accelerate. The feel is way beyond anything I can ever own and AFFORD to own. 20k$

Engine turbo power. 265 hp and crazy 280 lbs torque for its years is sick. Road handling. Leather comfort. Interior space.

Cup holders located inside the arm rest is really not a good idea. But again, like someone said before, who needs a cup holder when you drive a car like that.

Audi 3.0 FWD
By Audi Owner

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my audi 3.0 FWD two years ago used (had 25K miles on it at the time). I was surprised with the average gas mileage(averaged 26.4 mpg) over the past two years. On the down side, I spent a lot of time in the shop for small items (some covered by warranty). Repairs included new battery, 4 cv boots, head light, two tail lights. On average I spent $1,200 per year in repairs not including oil changes, brakes and tires/rotations. Overall interior quality was less than I expected. The seats showed significant wear, the radio/heating buttons writing wore off and the wood (plastic) cracked during my two years of ownership. I previously owned a saab 9-5 and had none of these problems.

On board computer, size of trunk, sound system.

Better interior quality, more durable seat material

Nice, Costly Family Sportster
By Nice, Costly Car

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car from pampering owner. I had a '98 A8 10yrs ago that I prefer. The car looks awesome but I find myself nickel and diming my way through ownership of this Audi too. Both of my 5 series BMW's and my two Volvo's (S60 & S80) were much less expensive to own. I hit a small deer at 20 mph that cost 5K to repair- chalk 1 for the dealer. Can't seem to get the ride completely smooth and the dealership always finds something. The car is not as fast off the line as the engine sounds, but it is great on the highway. Big gas tank is great for trips and the highway mpg is great--especially compared to the dismal in-city driving with a heavy foot. Overall- not sure it's worth it.

Highway speed is great. Huge gas tank delivers about 500mi on highway. Looks of 4.2 body. Folding back seat is great in sedan. Leather still looks and smells new. Even though it is expensive to repair, I figure I'll still save 20K off new in the end. :)

The arm rest is held on by cheap plastic pieces-- both broke. Some of the plastic/paint is pealing from the inside door pulls. Light doors seem to get slammed shut by all kids. Expect to spend on maintenance if you don't buy new.