2004 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Great Car
By AQBill on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Audi and with one exception, it's been my favorite. Did have to replace transmission "computer" chip outside of warranty and they don't come cheap. On the other hand the car has provided wonderful service, It's stylish, comfortable, quiet, reliable and gets exceptional milage - 22 to 24 in town and 30 to 32 on the road at 70 mph. I am, however, a geezer driver - as my children tell me - so I don't flog either the engine or brakes.

Phenomenal Car
By Audifan on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the '04 S-line in Sept '09 with 55k miles on it. Mint condition for 15k. Could not be happier! added APR chip to get HP to 310 and it really makes a difference. Used to have 3 series BMW and this blows it away. Build quality is so much better. best vehicle i've ever driven in foul weather (snow, rain). Very safe feeling in all situations. One thing i learned is Dealers will kill you on repairs. got to find an indy tech. watch out for the cam adjuster seal leak' DLR scam. they claim its $1200 in labor. only takes them 2 hrs! find an independent mechanic or get warranty. wonderful car. had not problems at 72k miles yet.

Once you go QUATTRO you cant go back!
By VGHOSTINE on 03/07/10 21:30 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best piece of man made machine I have ever driven. I drove Infiniti G35's and Nissan 350Z and then had two hondas and one gm. Of all those cars, I can say this is in its own category and nothing comes to close to the performance and comfort and style and OH YOU HAVE A NICE CAR comments. MY next car will be an A8L but I will enjoy every bit of my A6. Every time I start the engine and hear the muffler noise (modified) I just cant wait to hit on the gas pedal and accelerate. The feel is way beyond anything I can ever own and AFFORD to own. 20k$

Audi 3.0 FWD
By Audi Owner on 01/20/10 08:48 AM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my audi 3.0 FWD two years ago used (had 25K miles on it at the time). I was surprised with the average gas mileage(averaged 26.4 mpg) over the past two years. On the down side, I spent a lot of time in the shop for small items (some covered by warranty). Repairs included new battery, 4 cv boots, head light, two tail lights. On average I spent $1,200 per year in repairs not including oil changes, brakes and tires/rotations. Overall interior quality was less than I expected. The seats showed significant wear, the radio/heating buttons writing wore off and the wood (plastic) cracked during my two years of ownership. I previously owned a saab 9-5 and had none of these problems.

Nice, Costly Family Sportster
By Nice, Costly Car on 08/26/09 05:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car from pampering owner. I had a '98 A8 10yrs ago that I prefer. The car looks awesome but I find myself nickel and diming my way through ownership of this Audi too. Both of my 5 series BMW's and my two Volvo's (S60 & S80) were much less expensive to own. I hit a small deer at 20 mph that cost 5K to repair- chalk 1 for the dealer. Can't seem to get the ride completely smooth and the dealership always finds something. The car is not as fast off the line as the engine sounds, but it is great on the highway. Big gas tank is great for trips and the highway mpg is great--especially compared to the dismal in-city driving with a heavy foot. Overall- not sure it's worth it.

AMAZING
By MHess81 on 08/08/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I just bought this car at the beginning of the week, but did a lot of reviews on it, and they were all very good. I LOVE the car so far. I can't wait until this winter to try out the AWD! I just wish the gas mileage was a bit better, but it's ok for how amazing the car is!

2004 model year has the best reliability
By jimsrod on 07/10/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm the 2nd owner off lease. I've been driving it for 2 years now. First couple of months the car was stock and throttle response a bit dead. I had the ECU chipped and it really livened it up. Plus gas mileage is a couple per gallon better (not great about 20 MPG combined city / hwy). I've tinted the windows and added aftermarket wheels to the otherwise boring design of the 18" S- Line stockers. Oil lines to the turbos were updated for 2004 so no more blown turbos (one goes you've got to replace the other)! Ride is very nice and not too harsh. S-Line A6 2.7t's aren't on every corner so you feel like you're in a more exclusive club. Love the car...luxury and sportiness all in one!

AUDIOS to BMW and Mercedes!
By audios66 on 05/20/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owned 3 Audis this is by far the best one... quality, comfort, speed, all weather capable... what more is there! This Audi beats BMW and Mercedes... hands down... the only downfall is the HIGH maintenance costs. But every car is high to maintain these days.

LUXURY & sport for 20k
By Cory on 05/01/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

If you're dumb enough to buy a $50k car and complain that it costs a lot to maintain (when you only paid 20k for it) then shame on you. This is a phenomenal car and beats the pants off any comparable, or even brand new, car you can get for ~20k. I've had 2 and loved them both. (148k miles, and 22k miles) The car is fast, comfortable, reliable (if you keep it up), and an awesome daily driver.

Another Great Audi Product.
By MattW on 02/11/09 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We were needing to get something a little larger than our A4. I looked at Caddys, Jags, Beemers, Mercs and Inf. There was always something about them that made them either feel very dated on the inside (Jag, Merc, BMW) or cheap on the inside (Inf, Caddy). When I first looked at the A6 I looked at the 3.0 CVT model, but heard many negs about the CVT. Decided to risk the turbos and step up to the 2.7T S-Line as it wasn't much more money on the used market. I am so pleased with my decision. The car is beautiful inside and out. It performs great in all conditions. Decent fuel economy. I haven't loved a car as much as this one since my 1993 & 97 Infiniti J30. And this car blows em away.