2004 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Phenomenal Car
By Audifan on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought the '04 S-line in Sept '09 with 55k miles on it. Mint condition for 15k. Could not be happier! added APR chip to get HP to 310 and it really makes a difference. Used to have 3 series BMW and this blows it away. Build quality is so much better. best vehicle i've ever driven in foul weather (snow, rain). Very safe feeling in all situations. One thing i learned is Dealers will kill you on repairs. got to find an indy tech. watch out for the cam adjuster seal leak' DLR scam. they claim its $1200 in labor. only takes them 2 hrs! find an independent mechanic or get warranty. wonderful car. had not problems at 72k miles yet.

Once you go QUATTRO you cant go back!
By VGHOSTINE on 03/07/10 21:30 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best piece of man made machine I have ever driven. I drove Infiniti G35's and Nissan 350Z and then had two hondas and one gm. Of all those cars, I can say this is in its own category and nothing comes to close to the performance and comfort and style and OH YOU HAVE A NICE CAR comments. MY next car will be an A8L but I will enjoy every bit of my A6. Every time I start the engine and hear the muffler noise (modified) I just cant wait to hit on the gas pedal and accelerate. The feel is way beyond anything I can ever own and AFFORD to own. 20k$

2004 model year has the best reliability
By jimsrod on 07/10/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm the 2nd owner off lease. I've been driving it for 2 years now. First couple of months the car was stock and throttle response a bit dead. I had the ECU chipped and it really livened it up. Plus gas mileage is a couple per gallon better (not great about 20 MPG combined city / hwy). I've tinted the windows and added aftermarket wheels to the otherwise boring design of the 18" S- Line stockers. Oil lines to the turbos were updated for 2004 so no more blown turbos (one goes you've got to replace the other)! Ride is very nice and not too harsh. S-Line A6 2.7t's aren't on every corner so you feel like you're in a more exclusive club. Love the car...luxury and sportiness all in one!

LUXURY & sport for 20k
By Cory on 05/01/09 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

If you're dumb enough to buy a $50k car and complain that it costs a lot to maintain (when you only paid 20k for it) then shame on you. This is a phenomenal car and beats the pants off any comparable, or even brand new, car you can get for ~20k. I've had 2 and loved them both. (148k miles, and 22k miles) The car is fast, comfortable, reliable (if you keep it up), and an awesome daily driver.

Another Great Audi Product.
By MattW on 02/11/09 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We were needing to get something a little larger than our A4. I looked at Caddys, Jags, Beemers, Mercs and Inf. There was always something about them that made them either feel very dated on the inside (Jag, Merc, BMW) or cheap on the inside (Inf, Caddy). When I first looked at the A6 I looked at the 3.0 CVT model, but heard many negs about the CVT. Decided to risk the turbos and step up to the 2.7T S-Line as it wasn't much more money on the used market. I am so pleased with my decision. The car is beautiful inside and out. It performs great in all conditions. Decent fuel economy. I haven't loved a car as much as this one since my 1993 & 97 Infiniti J30. And this car blows em away.

Extra Performance is Easy!
By LuckyAZ on 12/14/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car for any family. The added bonus (for dad or mom) is the easy modification. I have added a GIAC perfromance chip, cold air intake and better turbo valves. This car easily outruns a Mustang GT in the straight line and on the track. It is fun to pass so-called "sports cars" with my son's car-seat in the back.

Awesome Car while on warranty
By Brian 2004 A6 S Line on 06/18/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two Audi A6 2.7 S lines. The car handles great and has a sleek look. You can't beat the sophisticated interior and the features are extremely well thought out. However, if you intend to buy this car without an warranty or extended warranty beware! I have been to the shop too many times. I know all the technicians by name and could give you their family histories. Electronic problems, oil leakage, bad gaskets, transmission, transmission, transmission. Did I mention transmission. I love the car, but I'm going japanese from here. good luck.

The best of the best
By B Double on 05/17/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is honestly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 45000 as a CPO and haven't looked back. No issues at all so far and I just keep loving it more and more as the days go on. You will not find a better all wheel drive system out there. This past winter was a breeze driving around, it literally feels like your on rails.

A ver different German Experience
By Auto Expert on 05/05/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

After owning an E55 AMG this Audi seems a bit slow by comparison. The ride quality is exceptional however the overall handling is not up to par with other "sports sedans". I am impressed with most of what this car has to offer. I am not a big fan of the "quattro" system however, living in No. California there really is no need for "AWD". I wish that Audi would offer their cars with "rear wheel drive" and quattro. This is a fine car for anyone seeking a high line luxury used car. I would recommend the Audi extended warranty with any used German car you consider purchasing. There is just too much that can go wrong with these highly technical vehicles.

Poor Man's RS6.
By the car expert... on 04/22/08 23:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been a fan of the RS6 model since it came out. Then Audi decided to make a "S-Line" A6 twin turbo V6. This is a terrific car to own (provided you protect your investment and buy the extended warranty!) I found that owning this beautiful sedan is really a pleasure. While I don't need the "quattro" feature here in Northern CA. Other than that, I really enjoy the engine's performance, the elegant euro design inside and out and the ride quality and quiet driving experience. All in all I highly recommend owning this fine sedan if "European Sporty Luxury" is something you are looking for.