Used 2004 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Worst car ever
By btoring

2004 Audi A6 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle started leaking oil and running rough at less than 12k. Dealer would not repair. Finaly after many complaints, dealer found coolant was leaking into the head gaskets. Short story is dealer has had the head gaskets out 3 separate times to 'resurface', car still leaking oil, repaired that several times. I was told the car is like a piece of cheese, when one hole is fixed, another opens up! That must be professional mechanic speak. Car has been in 29 times for serious repair in less than 2 years.

disappointed
By easton striker

2004 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall this is a fine car, however I have been extremely disappointed with the service department at audi. The feeling I got is that we are there for them, instead of them being here for us. The wait time 55 minutes to hand them my keys was unacceptable. This is my 2nd 2.7t. The radio reception has been a major let down. I receive nothing but static on the strongest signals from the NY market

Favorite Features

quatro gives secure feeling in bad weather

Suggested Improvements

FIX the RADIO RECEPTION. Stop bundling packages with options that are not wanted or overpriced. My Honda van has a better heating system, and radio

audi eats the gas
By john ricc

2004 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My Audi A6 gets me exactly 14.5 miles to the gallon. The dealership (Legend in Amityville)is absoulutely useless. They dont honor the loaner agreement and they try there hardest to make ownership a miserable experience. #1 AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP #2 The car is a gas guzzler.

Favorite Features

Favorite Feature is the compass

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas milage and stop feeding the Saudi's

Always buy Audi or BMW or Honda
By Geoge Farell

2004 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

My 7 month year old Audi rocks. With Awd it is the best car in it's class. My Ford lasted 7 months. My Wifes old Audi lasted 7 years or more. I hope mine will last 25 years. Me and my wife both have the brand New Audi A6. We also have a 2 year old Ford Taurus which we bought for $25,000 and spent $45,974 fixing. Ford is the worst, and Audi is the best. I would always recomend The Audi A6 To any one!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price to $27,800

Audi 3.0 FWD
By Audi Owner

2004 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my audi 3.0 FWD two years ago used (had 25K miles on it at the time). I was surprised with the average gas mileage(averaged 26.4 mpg) over the past two years. On the down side, I spent a lot of time in the shop for small items (some covered by warranty). Repairs included new battery, 4 cv boots, head light, two tail lights. On average I spent $1,200 per year in repairs not including oil changes, brakes and tires/rotations. Overall interior quality was less than I expected. The seats showed significant wear, the radio/heating buttons writing wore off and the wood (plastic) cracked during my two years of ownership. I previously owned a saab 9-5 and had none of these problems.

Favorite Features

On board computer, size of trunk, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior quality, more durable seat material