2003 Audi A6 Consumer Review: Worst Car I've EVER Owned

2003 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

3.0 quattro Sedan (3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Worst Car I've EVER Owned
By Dissatisfied on

2003 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 03 A6 3.0 certified pre-owned with just over 36k miles. It has been without question the worst car I've ever owned. 3x stranded roadside and counting. Numerous major repair items not covered by warranty. V-belt failed 15,000 miles before scheduled to be replaced, caused auto tensioner to seize and break ($2,500) not covered by warranty. Motor mounts failed ($600) not covered. Carbon deposits in throttle body cause SEVERE vibration. (proposed repair well over 2) Fake wood dashboard pieces have popped off and will not stay on. I follow maintenance schedule to a T including $80 full synthetic oil changes, engine idles like an old pickup 2,500 miles into a 10k mile oil change.

Forced to pick something I will admit it has a good stereo. The ride in the first 15,000 miles of purchasing new tires is also nice. After 15k on tires you might as well be driving an old Gremlin or a pick-up truck.

1) Honor your warranty, don't sell people a cpo warranty and hide behind the fine print when something happens. 2) Live up to your reputation as building cars on par with Mercedes. I've owned a Mercedes E class, my A6 isn't anywhere close. Its closer to a old Chevy than a Mercedes Benz.