Used 2003 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Most Helpful|
Goodbye Audi!
By Andrew

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Best day was when I got rid of my 2003 Audi A6 after owning if for 3 months. Second day after I got it I was in the shop for an electrical issue. In three months I had 2 other electrical issues but the real kicker is that fact that after sitting idle for a few hours the car has a "warm up" period before the car will drive. Not to mention I get 12-15 MPG around town.

Favorite Features

Car is beautiful. Exterior design is great and inside is very luxorious and well appointed.

Suggested Improvements

How about a reliable fuel efficient engine?

fun
By patapotamus

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

fun to drive, especially in sport mode, had water leakage problem (battery holder overflow into passenger footwell ruining a $1700 transmission control cpu, catalytic converter failure, CV boots needed replacing, easily breakable cupholders; quattro goes through tires, not as reliable as a japanese sedan but way more fun to drive

An honest review on Audi A6 3.0 Quattro
By David

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this car for 6 months now. I bought it with 48 K miles now I have 60 K. I love the exterior of the car and the interior. After never having a car with AWD, I do not know how I lived without it. I was scared to buy this car first because of electrical problems but so far so good. No problems with the car so far (knock on wood). It feels solid and handles well. Some little things that bothered me are when the annoying sound and display of low wind washer fluid, it's half of the screen, some paint in the interior of the car chips off, gas mileage isn't that great, doesn't hold value.

Favorite Features

Red light interior, xenons, the light washer, prestigious, dual exhausts, AWD, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Better interior paint quality, that WINDWASHER DISPLAY ANNOYS ME SO BAD, no heated steering wheel, basically the new A6 has all the needed upgrades.

None Better!
By fastboyfromill

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a year and a half now. I've owned over 40 VW's and Audi's and I'm am speechless about this car. Solid, smooth and as fast as the wind. I bought it for myself, but it quickly became my wife's car. Outside of routine oil changes I've replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner, the driver's lower aft control arm and the passengers side front drive axle. I did the work myself and it was fairly cheap. I do love this car.

Drives like a 4-door Porsche
By GFR

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The Bi-Turbo and sports suspension makes this car a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine, Quattro, sports suspension, sport seats, luxury package.

Suggested Improvements

Another 100 HP would make this car collectible.