Used 2003 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Excellent
By Cheeps

2003 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. The quality and workmanship blows away Mercedes and BMW. We only visit the dealership for scheduled service and car washes.

The build quality.

More horses at a reasonable fee.

Sporty and responsive, but UNRELIABLE
By Racer_X

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My final 2 test drives in 2002 came down to a choice between the BMW 530i and the Audi A6 2.7T. As most buyers who will read this review are already aware, every option on a new BMW is "a la carte", and the price tag really starts to add up as you add options to support its claim of being a "luxury performance sedan". Because a similarly configured Audi was about $5,000 less and had very comparable performance, I went with the A6. I now rue the day I made that compromise. Although the driving performance has lived up to expectations, the Audi's reliability has NOT. After 6 trips to the shop (including 2 recalls) in only 24 months of my 39 month lease, I wish I had gone with the BMW.

All Wheel Drive is very nice. The very responsive 6-speed manual and an outstanding torque band deliver tremendous performance and a very healthy "fun / mile" quotient.

Please make it so that I don't have to get to know my Audi dealership's mechanic on a first name basis. Two factory recalls, a half-dozen trips to the shop in less than 24 months, & one failure that made me lose all power while doing 65mph on the highway make me glad I am only LEASING this vehicle.

So far so Good!
By Grad

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Recently purchased a 2003, 2.7T A6. The car is so much fun to drive. Very glad that I purchased this car rather than a BMW. I can not wait for snow to drive in with the quattro wheel drive. With the quattro, the fuel economy is slightly less than I am used to as I have been getting about 20mpg wwith mixed use driving.

Bose sound system, sportronic (triptonic) shifting, a FUN car to drive!

Better fuel economy.

Is there a shoe waiting to drop?
By ILM Hogan

2003 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my A6 for less than a month and keep thinking to myself: "This car is too good to be true". Bought used, this was the dealer's loaner car and was therefore low mileage (less than 11k) and in good shape. I agree with other comments that Audi has done a great job differentiating their autos from everything else on the road: great design, but "under the radar" in terms of flashiness and ostentation.

Comfortable cabin, roomier than comparable cars in its price range. Great Bose speakers, great climate control, great interior fit and finish.

Honestly, I'm pretty darn content. I was sold on an A6 when driven around Beijing in our hotel's A6---a great opportunity to scope out the car without a visit to a dealership.

POOR QUALITY
By LINDA CASATELLI

2003 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have had it back many times for a loud bang when it shifts, passenger headlight fogs up, left headlight yellow reflector fell off. Audi insists it is normal except for the reflector. Passenger front wheel out of line right after service. I am very unhappy with the amount of money spent and the return on investment. It was bought on reputation and the parent company refuses to assist.

roomy