Used 2003 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Leased Audi
By Vette

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this from a dealer. It was a 3 year lease vehicle w/2 year warranty. It is by far the nicest vehicle I have owned & driven among 14 owned and more than I can count driven. It has good acceleration and reasonable handling. Quattro is great in the snow. Interior is first rate. Some items not well thought out, like cup holders. I get just under 20 MPG. Overall it is fun to drive and I look forward to driving it. The reliability is poor. Like some others, I know the dealer's service people on a first- name basis. The dealership has been great, but don't want the inconvenience of visiting. I have had electrical problems; window problems; emission problems and wheel balance issues.

Overall interior comfort and appearance. Bose stereo. Xenon headlights. Turbo engine is smooth and still pulls strong on acceleration at 75 MPH. Roomy back seat.

Overall reliability. Get rid of headlight washers. Add daytime running lights and auto shut off headlight feature.

Drives like a 4-door Porsche
By GFR

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The Bi-Turbo and sports suspension makes this car a blast to drive.

Engine, Quattro, sports suspension, sport seats, luxury package.

Another 100 HP would make this car collectible.

Buyer Beware
By R8R fan

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Based on the reputation of how the German cars drive I crossed the line from Japanese and bought this car. It was the worst decision I ever made. At 70K miles everything falls apart. I have a huge oil spot on my garage floor from oil leaking, the airbag light stays on constantly because the device is defective (only $1,400 to replace it), then the transmission celanoid went out and cost me $1,800. DO NOT BUY A USED AUDI. I am sure these are great cars when they roll off the showroom floor because they are covered under warranty. I WOULD NOT BUY AN AUDI UNLESS IT IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. These cars are fun to drive, but they are not reliable and cost a fortune to repair.

Quattro 4 wheel drive is amazing. These cars hug the road and are very fast.

Make the cars so the parts/components last. These cars are over-engineered and therefore have too many points of failure.

An honest review on Audi A6 3.0 Quattro
By David

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this car for 6 months now. I bought it with 48 K miles now I have 60 K. I love the exterior of the car and the interior. After never having a car with AWD, I do not know how I lived without it. I was scared to buy this car first because of electrical problems but so far so good. No problems with the car so far (knock on wood). It feels solid and handles well. Some little things that bothered me are when the annoying sound and display of low wind washer fluid, it's half of the screen, some paint in the interior of the car chips off, gas mileage isn't that great, doesn't hold value.

Red light interior, xenons, the light washer, prestigious, dual exhausts, AWD, comfortable seats

Better interior paint quality, that WINDWASHER DISPLAY ANNOYS ME SO BAD, no heated steering wheel, basically the new A6 has all the needed upgrades.

Goodbye Audi!
By Andrew

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Best day was when I got rid of my 2003 Audi A6 after owning if for 3 months. Second day after I got it I was in the shop for an electrical issue. In three months I had 2 other electrical issues but the real kicker is that fact that after sitting idle for a few hours the car has a "warm up" period before the car will drive. Not to mention I get 12-15 MPG around town.

Car is beautiful. Exterior design is great and inside is very luxorious and well appointed.

How about a reliable fuel efficient engine?