2003 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Sporty and responsive, but UNRELIABLE
By Racer_X on 11/15/04 16:01 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My final 2 test drives in 2002 came down to a choice between the BMW 530i and the Audi A6 2.7T. As most buyers who will read this review are already aware, every option on a new BMW is "a la carte", and the price tag really starts to add up as you add options to support its claim of being a "luxury performance sedan". Because a similarly configured Audi was about $5,000 less and had very comparable performance, I went with the A6. I now rue the day I made that compromise. Although the driving performance has lived up to expectations, the Audi's reliability has NOT. After 6 trips to the shop (including 2 recalls) in only 24 months of my 39 month lease, I wish I had gone with the BMW.

So far so Good!
By Grad on 11/09/04 10:08 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Recently purchased a 2003, 2.7T A6. The car is so much fun to drive. Very glad that I purchased this car rather than a BMW. I can not wait for snow to drive in with the quattro wheel drive. With the quattro, the fuel economy is slightly less than I am used to as I have been getting about 20mpg wwith mixed use driving.

Is there a shoe waiting to drop?
By ILM Hogan on 11/06/04 15:15 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my A6 for less than a month and keep thinking to myself: "This car is too good to be true". Bought used, this was the dealer's loaner car and was therefore low mileage (less than 11k) and in good shape. I agree with other comments that Audi has done a great job differentiating their autos from everything else on the road: great design, but "under the radar" in terms of flashiness and ostentation.

POOR QUALITY
By LINDA CASATELLI on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have had it back many times for a loud bang when it shifts, passenger headlight fogs up, left headlight yellow reflector fell off. Audi insists it is normal except for the reflector. Passenger front wheel out of line right after service. I am very unhappy with the amount of money spent and the return on investment. It was bought on reputation and the parent company refuses to assist.

ok
By dmrose on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

traded a 528 for an a6cvt 2003cvt a6 better: price, acceleration, radio, trunk and rear seat room, value 2000 528 better: brakes, steering, ride stability, wind noise If it wasn't for that damn audi transmission (Hesitation and banging) it would be better. Otherwise pick the features you like best

Balanced
By SD Audi Owner on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car does it all: performance,comfort,styling,and price. Throw in Audi's workmanship with class- leading fit and finish and you have perfect balance. Note: my driving experience significantly improved after the break in period. The engine, shifter, and suspension seem more in sync after a couple thousand miles.

Awesome Fun
By Speno on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my car. Anyone considering a BMW, Jag, Acura or Lexus definately needs to step up in quality and experience an Audi for less money. The quality of the interior in design and materials in unparalleled in the car business. The power of the 2.7 is so much fun it's scary. I have driven everything out there and nothing compares to Audi for the Money. BMW is the only one close. Lexus is not even in the same ballpark.

Great car!
By ljb on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, far this is a great car. I drove a bunch of BMW's, A Jag, a Lexus, etc. Some were fun (the BMW) some were soft and slow (the Jag, the Lexus, for example) and most were far more expensive, for the same features! I am very pleassed, so far. Drives great!

My A6
By kbstets on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my A6 for 3 months, but so far, so good. It is very comfortable, rides very nice. Sporty, but wish I had gotten the 2.7L Turbo for more HP & torque. The "Sport" transmission & tiptronic help that a bit. Passengers have commented on how roomy the car is, more room inside than you would think. Classy interior, like with the wood-grain and leather. I'm anxious to see how the Quattro handles Nebraska winters. Only glitch has been a small electrical problem with the remote door locks, but easily fixed.

wow!!
By CADA on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE TO DRIVE. EVEN LONG TRIPS ARE COMFORTABLE THE WHOLE WAY. ALL CONTROLS ARE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS AND MAKES THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE TERRIFIC!!