2003 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Leased Audi
By Vette on 05/29/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this from a dealer. It was a 3 year lease vehicle w/2 year warranty. It is by far the nicest vehicle I have owned & driven among 14 owned and more than I can count driven. It has good acceleration and reasonable handling. Quattro is great in the snow. Interior is first rate. Some items not well thought out, like cup holders. I get just under 20 MPG. Overall it is fun to drive and I look forward to driving it. The reliability is poor. Like some others, I know the dealer's service people on a first- name basis. The dealership has been great, but don't want the inconvenience of visiting. I have had electrical problems; window problems; emission problems and wheel balance issues.

Drives like a 4-door Porsche
By GFR on 08/02/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The Bi-Turbo and sports suspension makes this car a blast to drive.

Buyer Beware
By R8R fan on 07/21/07 10:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Based on the reputation of how the German cars drive I crossed the line from Japanese and bought this car. It was the worst decision I ever made. At 70K miles everything falls apart. I have a huge oil spot on my garage floor from oil leaking, the airbag light stays on constantly because the device is defective (only $1,400 to replace it), then the transmission celanoid went out and cost me $1,800. DO NOT BUY A USED AUDI. I am sure these are great cars when they roll off the showroom floor because they are covered under warranty. I WOULD NOT BUY AN AUDI UNLESS IT IS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. These cars are fun to drive, but they are not reliable and cost a fortune to repair.

An honest review on Audi A6 3.0 Quattro
By David on 11/13/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this car for 6 months now. I bought it with 48 K miles now I have 60 K. I love the exterior of the car and the interior. After never having a car with AWD, I do not know how I lived without it. I was scared to buy this car first because of electrical problems but so far so good. No problems with the car so far (knock on wood). It feels solid and handles well. Some little things that bothered me are when the annoying sound and display of low wind washer fluid, it's half of the screen, some paint in the interior of the car chips off, gas mileage isn't that great, doesn't hold value.

Goodbye Audi!
By Andrew on 08/04/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Best day was when I got rid of my 2003 Audi A6 after owning if for 3 months. Second day after I got it I was in the shop for an electrical issue. In three months I had 2 other electrical issues but the real kicker is that fact that after sitting idle for a few hours the car has a "warm up" period before the car will drive. Not to mention I get 12-15 MPG around town.

Gem of a car
By Bill on 03/27/06 19:19 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

They weren't kidding when they said, "We have your car," in the ads. I've never seen a car that adapted so perfectly to the driver. Almost eerie... it took off like a shot when wanted, handled twisty mountain roads with ease, moved through snowfall when nothing else did.

lemon law lawsuit
By yahoo1978 on 07/01/05 21:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My reliability experience with this car was terrible. Nearly 40 days in the shop in the first 12 months I owned it, and practically every problem was related to electrical issues. Audi's willingness to resolve the problem was terrible, and the dealer was of no help. I ultimately was forced to file suit under our state lemon laws. After 9 months of legal process, I prevailed under the state law and was reimbursed accordingly. My new Mercedes 4matic is far more comfortable and more reliable. It drives just as sporty, if not better, and turns heads too.

Audi A6
By jrp604 on 04/27/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wears tires out, perpetually out of balance, interior trim peeling, popping from the suspension, windows malfuntion in cold weather. In other words a piece of junk. Audi America says "Too bad, we'll keep fixing it the under warranty". Tires have been balanced 6 times and replaced by Audi at 7000 mi., Audi says to rotate them every 3000 mi. Both front brake rotors replaced at 1500 mi. No problem for me, just took a loss on the Audi and ordered a 2006 BMW 530xi. No more VAG products for me!

Sedan that Drives like a Sports Car
By dman on 02/17/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The A6 is fun to drive. I will sometimes take the "long way home" just to drive this car more. Completely happy with the car and all of the features inside and out.

Excellent
By Cheeps on 02/10/05 13:18 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. The quality and workmanship blows away Mercedes and BMW. We only visit the dealership for scheduled service and car washes.