Used 2003 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

None Better!
By fastboyfromill

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a year and a half now. I've owned over 40 VW's and Audi's and I'm am speechless about this car. Solid, smooth and as fast as the wind. I bought it for myself, but it quickly became my wife's car. Outside of routine oil changes I've replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner, the driver's lower aft control arm and the passengers side front drive axle. I did the work myself and it was fairly cheap. I do love this car.

Take care of beauty
By newlines34

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven this A6 for almost a month. Interior-wise, it is beautiful, comfortable. It had left engine mount broken and center engine mount broken off. One tube wasn't even connected.

Favorite Features

gauge cluster, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

annoying noise made inside vehicle whenever I go into reverse.

great, just as unreliable as a range rover
By carboy1993

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

u all know it. its a great car. im only 17 years old so i like to blast out music with the bose sound system. its got decent gas mileage, great handling, does not shake on the highway unlike my other car with nearly 220k miles, my dad recently spent 2800 dollars for a checkup, the time belt and brakes keep having issues, but hey i love it. Even a girl at my school who got a hummer h3 for her 16th birthday says she really likes it. she just doesnt know about the nickels and dimes this car will cost u. thank god her mom has a lexus, she wont have to deal with the annoyances of a german car. still, if you dont like unreliable cars, NEVERR buy an audi

Favorite Features

bose stereo, cup holders,

Suggested Improvements

needs navigation option

German Engineering
By Juniormc123

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for one year now and here is the list of issues that I have encounter so far. Coil packs were replaced due to a recall at 58k, Timing belts was done as a precaution at 60k, oil pan leak at 60k, cam seals were leaking at 62k, secondary water pump died at 63k, serpentine belt seized at 68k, front and rear break and rotor were replaced at 70k. And the upper bolt joint is on my to do list. So if you decide to purchase an Audi make sure that this has been done or you will be on a world of trouble. Donít get me wrong these are fun cars to drive. Itís just to complicate to work on it, so labor can get really expense. Make sure that you find a good mechanic.

Favorite Features

The car is 7 year old and still looks better than many 2010 cars out there. Very well designed. Great ride on the snow better than most cars with the AWD system.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is poor.

2003 A6 3.0 AWD
By DAG

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has been a great car. All that has been done to this car is the breaks, water pump, oil changes, and timing belt. The interior is still silent despite the dirt roads and snow that this car as to travel everyday. With the right tires this car would climb a tree, in the snow, if you wanted it to and where I live it almost has to on a daily bases.

Favorite Features

Reliability, exterior design, BOSE, AWD, and it's still not out of style.

Suggested Improvements

Different design on the back and front seat cup holders. They always get soda and coffee on them and they stick shut...