2003 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
None Better!
By fastboyfromill on 07/25/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a year and a half now. I've owned over 40 VW's and Audi's and I'm am speechless about this car. Solid, smooth and as fast as the wind. I bought it for myself, but it quickly became my wife's car. Outside of routine oil changes I've replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner, the driver's lower aft control arm and the passengers side front drive axle. I did the work myself and it was fairly cheap. I do love this car.

Take care of beauty
By newlines34 on 02/06/12 16:00 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I've driven this A6 for almost a month. Interior-wise, it is beautiful, comfortable. It had left engine mount broken and center engine mount broken off. One tube wasn't even connected.

great, just as unreliable as a range rover
By carboy1993 on 09/14/11 01:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

u all know it. its a great car. im only 17 years old so i like to blast out music with the bose sound system. its got decent gas mileage, great handling, does not shake on the highway unlike my other car with nearly 220k miles, my dad recently spent 2800 dollars for a checkup, the time belt and brakes keep having issues, but hey i love it. Even a girl at my school who got a hummer h3 for her 16th birthday says she really likes it. she just doesnt know about the nickels and dimes this car will cost u. thank god her mom has a lexus, she wont have to deal with the annoyances of a german car. still, if you dont like unreliable cars, NEVERR buy an audi

German Engineering
By Juniormc123 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for one year now and here is the list of issues that I have encounter so far. Coil packs were replaced due to a recall at 58k, Timing belts was done as a precaution at 60k, oil pan leak at 60k, cam seals were leaking at 62k, secondary water pump died at 63k, serpentine belt seized at 68k, front and rear break and rotor were replaced at 70k. And the upper bolt joint is on my to do list. So if you decide to purchase an Audi make sure that this has been done or you will be on a world of trouble. Don’t get me wrong these are fun cars to drive. It’s just to complicate to work on it, so labor can get really expense. Make sure that you find a good mechanic.

2003 A6 3.0 AWD
By DAG on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

This car has been a great car. All that has been done to this car is the breaks, water pump, oil changes, and timing belt. The interior is still silent despite the dirt roads and snow that this car as to travel everyday. With the right tires this car would climb a tree, in the snow, if you wanted it to and where I live it almost has to on a daily bases.

May be a Mistake
By ReZe on 08/30/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought an Audi A6 2.7T 2003, and I think I made a mistake. After only having the vehicle for 2wks I need a torque converter, mass air flow, battery, and the tiptronic is failing; $3,275.00 to fix! and they say there may be more to do once the mechanics are in there. Kinda pricey to maintain but going to make it mine and fix it up like it's a classic!

fun
By patapotamus on 02/27/10 10:25 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

fun to drive, especially in sport mode, had water leakage problem (battery holder overflow into passenger footwell ruining a $1700 transmission control cpu, catalytic converter failure, CV boots needed replacing, easily breakable cupholders; quattro goes through tires, not as reliable as a japanese sedan but way more fun to drive

Well worth the cons.
By speedracr226 on 08/20/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently purchased a 2003 Audi A6 with the 2.7t. I absolutely love the car and recommended buying one if you are in the market. The big con that everyone looks at is reliability and cost of fixing. These are all legitimate concerns and if you cannot afford a brand of this caliber do not force it upon yourself. If you can, go for it. It is smooth (engine and ride), fun to drive, and can easily be made into a sport sedan with a few simple tuning steps. The room inside is fantastic and the way everything is put together simply makes you realize you are driving something that was truly engineered, not just threw together. Overall I am 100% satisfied with the purchase of this car.

Nice to drive when you can
By Bummed on 06/27/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this luxury car! Then I find out that there are all sorts of water problems associated with these and most other VWs and Audis. Of course this happens after warranty, not that the warranty would cover it any way. What a horrible issue! Thousands of dollars in repairs when all I needed when purchased was to be told about "cleaning drains?" Have now read hundreds of people having same issues. Why won't they admit that German Engineering can have defects, too? I guess that's why the rich get richer. Audi fans (which I was one of) claims they're not even broken in until 100,000 miles! You can't get there! I'm at 76,000 miles and the car is ruined. Don't let your Audi get rained on.

Worst Car I've EVER Owned
By Dissatisfied on 06/02/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 03 A6 3.0 certified pre-owned with just over 36k miles. It has been without question the worst car I've ever owned. 3x stranded roadside and counting. Numerous major repair items not covered by warranty. V-belt failed 15,000 miles before scheduled to be replaced, caused auto tensioner to seize and break ($2,500) not covered by warranty. Motor mounts failed ($600) not covered. Carbon deposits in throttle body cause SEVERE vibration. (proposed repair well over 2) Fake wood dashboard pieces have popped off and will not stay on. I follow maintenance schedule to a T including $80 full synthetic oil changes, engine idles like an old pickup 2,500 miles into a 10k mile oil change.