2003 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
None Better!
By fastboyfromill on 07/25/12 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a year and a half now. I've owned over 40 VW's and Audi's and I'm am speechless about this car. Solid, smooth and as fast as the wind. I bought it for myself, but it quickly became my wife's car. Outside of routine oil changes I've replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner, the driver's lower aft control arm and the passengers side front drive axle. I did the work myself and it was fairly cheap. I do love this car.

May be a Mistake
By ReZe on 08/30/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought an Audi A6 2.7T 2003, and I think I made a mistake. After only having the vehicle for 2wks I need a torque converter, mass air flow, battery, and the tiptronic is failing; $3,275.00 to fix! and they say there may be more to do once the mechanics are in there. Kinda pricey to maintain but going to make it mine and fix it up like it's a classic!

Executive Rocketship
By Scott F on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm 6'5, so the first hoop to jump in any car is height and legroom. I could wear a cowboy hat in my A6. If I put the seat all the way rearward, I can't push the clutch in far enough. There's still room in the back seat, too. It drives like it's on rails, and so fast and quiet you really have to pay attention or it'll get away from you. Oh, yes. A smoooooth ride, a luxury feel, and more performance than I'm qualified to push.

WOW - This car is the big secret
By jcoffey10 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun fast and beautiful. The interior is so nice I feel like I should move into the back seat! Powering through turns with confidence with the quattro AWD is something that the BMW freaks cannot begin to understand (traded a BMW 535IS). Stopping power and cornering traction are incredible. How does BMW gets the hype from the media while ignoring the 2.7T 6 speed. Those in the know will take this car hands down. More room than a 330I or 530I , a world better traction, faster 0-60 time, nicer interior, solid warranty. I have had no problems except for two burned tail bulbs. We like this car: My wife traded her SUV for an Audi A-6 Avant.

A Dream vs. 528i
By gjs on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Audi, prior I had a '98 BMW 528i and traded it in for the A6 2.7T. Hands down the A6 is a more enjoyable car. Steering is a wonderful, and the power is un- matched. As long as the car holds up, I'm sold on Audi. I really liked the BMW, however now I can take this car to the mountains without a worry. Love it.

2003 A6T missing features
By shanenolan2 on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just a note to thise considering the 2003 Audi A6T. First , the multi function steering wheel that let you control the audio system is no longer offered on the Turbo A6T anymore. I guess safety is no longer important to Audi when it comes to driver distractions. I had this on the 2000 AT that I replaced and having seen it in all the brochures expected it in the 03 model.Quite disappointing. In addition, if you want a valet key for your luxury A6T you will have to order it for $65 and then take your car back to get it programmed. No longer standard equipment. Nice way to aggravate your loyal customers Audi!

Worst car I ever loved...
By Audi Burner on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Every day I travel steep, twisty mountain roads. The first time I took the 2.7T (6M) up the mountain, I couldn't believe how it clawed at the hills and turns, wanting more throttle than I had the guts to give. Even in rain and snow, the A6 has never blinked. When it goes, it really goes, however, its seen more than its fare share of time in the shop, 10+ times for major and minor stuff. :(

delivery surprises
By Shane2 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I replaced my 2000 A6T with the same spec'd car. Unfortunately I did not ask about the multi function steering wheel as it shows in all the brochures. Audi does not offer this safety feature anymore. Another surprise buyers will have is the "no valet key supplied" on new 2003 A6 cars. The sales person said they did not offer them but after pressing Audi Corporate myself ,found out I can buy one for $75 extra. I guess these two items are Audi's way of saying " we are popular" now so lets see how we can diminish how our customers feel about us. Nice going Audi, it sure turned me off.

Get the Tiger: 2.7 Turbo!
By Beegee on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Beautiful lines and power. This car is a Tiger. The roomy back seat is perfect to pile in your friends for a great ride ! This car feels great to drive if you like a luxury car with a sporty feel.

Sleeper Speed Demon!
By Vpr on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about 3 weeks and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I have the black on black one with 17" BBS rims and it looks amazing. The drive itself is amazing. If it is driven lightly then it is very well mannered and handles the road beautifully and very smoothly. However, if you begin to push harder the car responds like you wouldn't believe. The steering tightens up, turbos begin to push, and it turns into a low flying jet! This car simply rockets when asked to do so! Perfect balance between luxury and sport. Plus the Quattro is awesome in bad wether.