Used 2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

None Better!
By fastboyfromill

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned this car for about a year and a half now. I've owned over 40 VW's and Audi's and I'm am speechless about this car. Solid, smooth and as fast as the wind. I bought it for myself, but it quickly became my wife's car. Outside of routine oil changes I've replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner, the driver's lower aft control arm and the passengers side front drive axle. I did the work myself and it was fairly cheap. I do love this car.

May be a Mistake
By ReZe

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought an Audi A6 2.7T 2003, and I think I made a mistake. After only having the vehicle for 2wks I need a torque converter, mass air flow, battery, and the tiptronic is failing; $3,275.00 to fix! and they say there may be more to do once the mechanics are in there. Kinda pricey to maintain but going to make it mine and fix it up like it's a classic!

Favorite Features

Ice Blue Headlights, rear reading lamps

Suggested Improvements

Electrical, Electrical!

Executive Rocketship
By Scott F

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm 6'5, so the first hoop to jump in any car is height and legroom. I could wear a cowboy hat in my A6. If I put the seat all the way rearward, I can't push the clutch in far enough. There's still room in the back seat, too. It drives like it's on rails, and so fast and quiet you really have to pay attention or it'll get away from you. Oh, yes. A smoooooth ride, a luxury feel, and more performance than I'm qualified to push.

Favorite Features

Interior room. Absolutely quiet. Super sound system. Handles like it's on rails. Killer third gear.

Suggested Improvements

A means of switching off the A/C without having to click the fan switch 8+ times.

WOW - This car is the big secret
By jcoffey10

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fun fast and beautiful. The interior is so nice I feel like I should move into the back seat! Powering through turns with confidence with the quattro AWD is something that the BMW freaks cannot begin to understand (traded a BMW 535IS). Stopping power and cornering traction are incredible. How does BMW gets the hype from the media while ignoring the 2.7T 6 speed. Those in the know will take this car hands down. More room than a 330I or 530I , a world better traction, faster 0-60 time, nicer interior, solid warranty. I have had no problems except for two burned tail bulbs. We like this car: My wife traded her SUV for an Audi A-6 Avant.

Favorite Features

Twin turbo, Quattro Drive train, six speed, terrific brakes, solid.

Suggested Improvements

None

A Dream vs. 528i
By gjs

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Audi, prior I had a '98 BMW 528i and traded it in for the A6 2.7T. Hands down the A6 is a more enjoyable car. Steering is a wonderful, and the power is un- matched. As long as the car holds up, I'm sold on Audi. I really liked the BMW, however now I can take this car to the mountains without a worry. Love it.

Favorite Features

The power steering and handling vs. the BMW is much better, my wife really likes the smoothness...which we all know is important.

Suggested Improvements

As in all German cars the cup holders are a joke, but if you want cup holders go buy a '95 Astro Van with the rear seat Kool-Aid juice box holders for little Timmy & Susie.