Used 2003 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Most Helpful|
2003 Audi A6 Quatro Wagon
By lrheere1

2003 Audi A6 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not a big fan. Too much car for the brakes, which I had a mechanic confirm this. The interior is not the quality I thought Audi was capable of. The seats are a leather set in vinyl. The vinyl cracks. As for any knobs or buttons you touch, the paint wears off.

Favorite Features

Handling

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions since they, thankfully, stopped making this model.

great, just as unreliable as a range rover
By carboy1993

2003 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

u all know it. its a great car. im only 17 years old so i like to blast out music with the bose sound system. its got decent gas mileage, great handling, does not shake on the highway unlike my other car with nearly 220k miles, my dad recently spent 2800 dollars for a checkup, the time belt and brakes keep having issues, but hey i love it. Even a girl at my school who got a hummer h3 for her 16th birthday says she really likes it. she just doesnt know about the nickels and dimes this car will cost u. thank god her mom has a lexus, she wont have to deal with the annoyances of a german car. still, if you dont like unreliable cars, NEVERR buy an audi

Favorite Features

bose stereo, cup holders,

Suggested Improvements

needs navigation option

Audi A6
By jrp604

2003 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wears tires out, perpetually out of balance, interior trim peeling, popping from the suspension, windows malfuntion in cold weather. In other words a piece of junk. Audi America says "Too bad, we'll keep fixing it the under warranty". Tires have been balanced 6 times and replaced by Audi at 7000 mi., Audi says to rotate them every 3000 mi. Both front brake rotors replaced at 1500 mi. No problem for me, just took a loss on the Audi and ordered a 2006 BMW 530xi. No more VAG products for me!

Audi Lemon
By minime11

2003 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had car 1 month in shop for complete electrical failure, windows, security system, rear warning system, sunroof, etc. Over the next 11 months, car was in shop for same problem for a total of 20 days out of service. Local dealer had no idea how to repair problem. Audi corp refused to acknowledge our existence. Finally found BBB Autoline arbitration. Met with arbitor and explained problem. Audi did not bother to show up for meeting, only faxed statement saying do not replace vehicle. Arbitor found in our favor and now awaiting Audi to repurchase vehicle so we can say goodbye to their product forever. Beware.

Favorite Features

Pleasant vehicle to drive when operating properly.

Suggested Improvements

Local dealer service repair knowledge, corporate attitude that they do have to deal with customer problems.

Goodbye Audi!
By Andrew

2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Best day was when I got rid of my 2003 Audi A6 after owning if for 3 months. Second day after I got it I was in the shop for an electrical issue. In three months I had 2 other electrical issues but the real kicker is that fact that after sitting idle for a few hours the car has a "warm up" period before the car will drive. Not to mention I get 12-15 MPG around town.

Favorite Features

Car is beautiful. Exterior design is great and inside is very luxorious and well appointed.

Suggested Improvements

How about a reliable fuel efficient engine?