It's a great driver and fun to drive
By Ruebezahl on
2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)
Bought new right after Christmas when the dealer gave us a wonderful price to make room for new vehicles. Paid $31,000 in 2003 with the CVT transmission. We really couldn't afford the turbo 2.8 liter Quattro and lowered ourselves to a plain Jane A6. It was the best decision that was made. The wheels take the cheaper 16" tires. (bought quality for high speed though) The CVT yields 'me' around town abound 24 mpg and that's nothing to sneeze at. I drive enthusiastic yet not foolish stops and starts. So far the dealer took care of the warranty and recall campaigns. We'll find out soon enough for I found a great independent German mechanic that won't rake me over the coals.
Favorite Features
The Bose radio with RDS is great. The A/C kicks here in FL. Can use regular gas as alternative. Good passing when needed and the CVT never fails. It looks clean in design in and out and that's important. Upper cup holder cools drink with A/C air. Automatic dimming on all three mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
What can one improve on an 2002 car? I would like cup holders that would be more robust. I would like more results on the automatic speed controlled radio volume feature. An extra 12 volt outlet that's ignition connected