Used 2002 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Good but not exactly solid
By Lucio

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ok, I love my car... but is possible that the interior parts are so fragile? This is not what i would expect from a car at this pricepoint: The cigarette lighter doesn't work anymore, the buttons on the climate control and the wheel on the light panel has lost the paint after a little bit of use, and the worst is the cup holders - broken them twice simply using them with soda cans! The last thing broken is the central unit (the one that is between the driver seat and the passenger seat), since the cover on the top is broken, so I can't open and close, not even replace since I should replace the entire central unit.

Very easy to drive and good performance when needed; the systems works fine and are pretty much useful, except the cruise control that is kinda hard to use.

Gas mileage... poor! Less than 340 miles with a full tank driving not even fast! The interior plastic parts should be replaced with something more solid.

Love the Car - $$$ Maintenance Bill
By Audi Fan

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car after test driving many other European options - BMW, Saab, Volvo (my wife owns one and likes it), and one Japanese option - Maxima. Considering I have been a Honda, Nissan owner over the years, I was looking for something more exciting and I found it. My A6 has been wonderful; fun to drive, nice to look at and a pleasure on road trips. The CVT technology took some getting used to, but now I truly enjoy it. Knowing the possible repair bills down the road, I purchased an extended warranty and it was not cheap. Of course certain things are not covered, like replacing an automatic window clip for $450. The 40K maintenance bill was $995 b/c of high precision eng/trans.

Bose sound system, CVT, smooth/tight suspension, European styling, the amount of car you get for the money!!!

Cup holders are a joke; would like to be able to place my morning coffee someplace w/out worrying about a spill or breaking the holder. I concur with others the cruise control placement is not "user friendly". Love the car, though. Buy one after getting a thorough inspection and extended warranty

Beauty of a Lemon
By wink7854

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My Audi is a beauty inside and out, but too bad it stops there. It has been nothing but a problem and has broken down (literally) FOUR times. First time they said I had carbon build up in all cylinders. Cleaning them cost $900 because it wasn't covered by the warranty. They also flushed the fuel injection system for $300. Breakdown again. This time they said that it was an O-ring on the oxygen intake that wasn't correctly tightened. Breakdown again. This time they changed the catalytic converter. Breakdown again. Who knows what it is. I've also had trouble with the warranty. My instrument panel has pixel fade, but they won't replace it until all the pixels are gone! Don't buy an Audi!!

Beautiful interior and exterior. Very well-appointed.

Too many for 300 characters.

Go for it.
By ARun

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a pre-owned A4/BMW325/MercC230/LexIS300. The A6 4.2 Quattro wowed me. I have never driven such a smooth car before. Excellent power and handling. The styling is great. Have owned it for a month and it runs great with 52K miles. I am still discovering the features. I have yet not been able to test the Tiptronic system. Still figuring out how to make the telematics and Sirius work. I read each of the reviews on this site and agree with all the positive comments about the car.

The Bose audio system. Leather seats are more comfortable than BMW. Very spacious. Sun and moon roof. The black color and halogen lights look cool at night. All praise for German engineering.

Wish I could have gotten better mileage. Getting about 15 mpg town running and 20 mpg highway.

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD
By Alpha Dog

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The A6 with twin-turbo and quattro is a thrill to drive - it offers spine-tingling acceleration throughout the gear and speed range and sticky, sure handling in all weather and road conditions - this is a four-door, all-wheel drive sports car with lots of room for driver and real adult passengers.

Twin turbo, all-wheel drive, cushy, quiet ride.