2002 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Good! Good! Good!
By David Big on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Great car, comportable, easy to ride, good on long trips.

Buyer Beware
By lwhite on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Problems from day one on this A6. Had to get the tranmission control reprogrammed because excelleration was non-existant in Drive mode (Sport & TipTronic was fine.) Two weeks w/o car. Have had brakes/rotors adjusted or replaced 4 times (only 17K on it to date) and it still sounds like a school bus when I come to a stop. Audi says that is normal - right! Now I need to get some red flashers and paint it yellow. Power Steering fluid leaked out almost totally, window motors had to be replaced, tires vibrated constantly on highway, and it goes on. If this was a 9K car, maybe I could understand it, but it's a 42K car - No Excuse. I miss my ES-300.

Great Driving Car
By Dpedersen on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have my 2002 A6 2.7T for 18 months now, and have loved every minute of it. There has been some concerns notes elsewhere about Audi reliability, so far the only trouble I have had was a bad windshield wiper (fixed for $0 of course). It is fun to drive, handles great (even in snow) and has a fantastic interior (looks great in the dark).

Extremely Poor Quality and Service
By C. Del Rosario on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My car has only 14,800 miles and has been in for repairs 4 times due to a variety of reasons- catl conv (twice), ignition coils, and stereo system going out completely. Unfortunately, the service departments and Audi policies are NOT what you would expect of a luxury car dealer. Our other family car is a Lexus (similar class, type) and we have received excellent service from the service dept, always gotten a Lexus loaner, and never been brought in for repairs. I bought an Audi expecting a high level of quality and service and unfortunately have not come close to my expectations.

2002 A6 2.7 T
By LindaJ on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My second Audi. Love it in the snowy Northeast Winters. Handles great, with superior pickup in all conditions. Fun, while safe, to drive.

FUN CAR
By RickyB on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

THIS CAR HANDLES GREAT. A VERY SMOOTH RIDE AND A GREAT AMOUNT OF POWER. THE UPPER LEVEL A6'S ARE ONLY ABOUT A 1/2 SEC. FASTER 0-60. LOVE THE CVT TRANSMISSION WHEN IT IS USED RIGHT AND INTERESTING AT OTHER TIMES. ALREADY HAD TO BEREPLACED AT 10000K,LUCKILY UNDER WARRANTY.NOISEY SUNROOF WHEN CLOSED ALL YEAR ROUND. OTHERWISE GREAT CAR.

Pathetic Reliability
By demoralized on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car if you want to know your service dealer really well as car is in shop over 35 days/15 months for a variety of mechanical problems, some of which can not be fixed even after 5 attempts.

no contest!
By pagalmunda on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've been an audi fanatic for over 10 years now, and my love for the cars still holds strong. The 2.7T engine is unbelievable for crusing, and for those red light launches. The xenons are great, visibility is unmatched, The bose is crisp, heated rear seats are just cool, and the engine is to die for. This is my 5th Audi in 10 years and they get better everytime!!!!

4.2 quattro..the way to go
By jshuchart on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Maybe favorite car ever...I've owned 'em all. Great excelleration...comfort, every option...just wonderful car

Great car -- for the money
By Sheldon on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a really great car. It's a hoot to drive, it's fast, it looks hot, the quality is top-notch. It's worth another $10k (but Audi's reputation can't support it) -- and it beats everything else in its class. And keep in mind, I've owned BMWs, Porsches, and M-Bs. The Quattro is smooth. The turbos scream. I've got the Sport Package -- and I'm glad I do. Steering is a little vague; not enough road feel. And...watch out for the front bumper. It's very low (for a sedan). You don't want to hook it on a parking stop.