2002 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Good, but...
By Ant on 02/05/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

As a more affordable and more interesting design than the old 5 series, the a6 was my first choice, and the beautiful interior stil looks great, even without navigation. Although it's extremely comfortable and has plenty of power for the average driver, I've had numerous problems, ranging from new window washers every year to an entire new transmission at 35k miles. The check engine and abs lights come on often, the stereo occasionally has a 30 minute meltdown, the rear windows stopped working...general deju vu for the classic audi-electrics sufferer. Handling on the non-quattro is also pretty sluggish...doesn't feel tight in turns although the 2003 got far far better.

Better than BMW
By Kendall on 08/25/05 01:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

A great German luxury car for those with the urge to be different. I am guilty of owning boring BMW's for much of my driving life but have found more style and comfort with Audi. These 3 years have produced far more driving pleasure with routine maintenance absolutely no repair bills. This car has truly unique styling that is not boring and conformist (or just plain ugly) like many BMW and Mercedes models. We get lots of compliments on this car whether people are riding in it or just looking at it.

Interstate Comfort and Safety
By David L on 08/09/05 05:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The A6 is easy to drive and blast through the Sierra Nevada interstate system. As I let my 16 year old drive from Vegas to San Diego, it is a joy to let him learn to "operate" this vehicle. I feel confidence in Audi, and am looking at the new A4 2.0T for my next trip to the dealership. The CVT now feels "right" with my stop and go driving in town... but took getting used to. The MPG has been 22-26 without really trying. I am now a convert of the teutonic quality build of this A6, and will recommend it to all my best friends. I have had no problems with this car.

Black beauty
By Kovacstx on 07/30/05 18:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car is simply beautiful. But which Audi isn't? Even with the new A6 out on the market the 2002 still looks very stylish. I bought it for my wife who is switching from a 323i (We bought the BMW new and had a mass of problems, turned out to be a dissapointment). The A6 is very comfortable and the CVT shifter is smooth. It's got enough umph to beat most like cars at the light but I did not buy it to race. I wanted a stylish touring sedan with plenty of space, comfort, power, and for great (European) heritage. Since we bought it the engine oil level sensor has been replaced in it by the dealer.

Audi A6
By Rayden003 on 05/12/05 21:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I have read some Bulletin Board comments regarding some reliability problems with the Audi A6. My experience has been completely opposite. It is the most reliable and well-built car I have owned. My last car was an Acura TL, also a very reliable car, but the Audi came out ahead on almost every detail. Bought it new in 2002 and after 42,000 miles have never had a single problem.

This car is the worst I've ever owned
By Unhappy Buyer on 03/23/05 11:03 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The car is always in the shop. The "Check Engine" light goes off every 6 weeks. I would NEVER buy another Audi again. if you think of buying one, DON"T!!!! Get a Lexus instead!!!!

Feels great
By cliff on 03/06/05 23:29 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My 2002 Audi A6 2.7T is really fun to drive. The touch shifting is great in the mountains and a adds a great deal to safety in slowing and cornering capability. The car is very quick between 40 and 80 MPH and handles very smoothly. I have the Winter package which adds tremendous comfort on the cold days. The Bose sound system is awesome!

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd Sedan
By dempetro on 11/04/04 16:27 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I enjoy this car because it drives smoothly, has a powerful engine, (for a 6-cilinder), has an excellent Interior. I have not experienced any mechanical problems yet. My A6 has a high level of comfort for the driver and passengers.

My A6
By tacik on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A Fun car to drive, esspecially in the sport mode. But the fuel economy in the city is very poor.

Audi on the move
By doug pincus on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My 2.7t A6 manual transmission is a great car. If you have the need for speed and crave the excellence of a german car this is for you. Benz, BMW and the likes better keep there engineers on the ball because Audi is coming to kick you to the curb. I would buy another Audi. this is already my 2nd Audi. Belly up to the line and let rock!