Used 2002 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

By susry

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

We have had nothing but problems since purchasing this vehicle. The high repair costs have really turned me off on Audi. CV Boots, some part in the transmission, motor bushings, and now they tell me that the transmission needs replacing. This is the last Audi that this family will own.

Won't do it again
By dano1000

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is supposed to go 200,000 miles. European luxury and engineering. Less than 100,000 in I have had a plethora of minor problems (windows, trim, latches and brackets broken) and major issues (radiator rot/leak, trans slip, tie rod(s) failure). Most disappointing is that Audi doesn't seem to care -- happy to have a piece of junk riding the highways with their name on it. To set the standard, Honda replaced my transmission at 145,000 miles due to known problem. I'll stick with the Japanese.

Bad Choice
By Bullz

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Audi's motto is "Truth in Engineering". What a joke! Our Audi needed new brakes at 23K miles, and a new CVT at 45K miles. Neither the dealer or Audi of NA would admit the deficient designs. Audi never again.

None anymore.

Audi should do the right thing and tell the truth.

No compromise car
By Michel Aubé

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

It's a no compromise car, it has power, control, style, comfort and safety. Purchased it 82,000 miles, only rode 1,500 miles with it so far but I never experience anything like it. A co-workers owns two A6 with the 2.8 engine, the oldest has 200k and the other is at 150K. Since I take care of my cars I feel confident that I may keep it for a while. It give me about 24/25 MPG if I keep the speed under control which is okay for an AWD. Better than my Durango and slightly less than my Subaru H6 LL Bean. But these cars are not in the same league compare to the Audi.

Acceleration, AWD, Bose sound system with Satellite radio and GPS and the styling is still good after 7 years!

Better cup holders.

Poor quality in a pretty package
By Donna

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Attractive design wrapped around a nightmare of ongoing expensive repair bills for items I have NEVER had break on any other car I have ever owned! Keeping up with regular maintenance does not help avert the $1500 to $2000 bi-monthly repair bills that begin when the car hits around 75K miles. This has convinced me to NEVER buy another Audi - good looks and style are not worth much when you frequently get stranded on the roadside with a dead car and have to face towing cost AND a couple of thousand dollars of repairs. Not worth the premium I paid for poorly engineered mechanics :-(

NONE - anything I liked about the car has been overshadowed by the constant headache of repairs and break downs. Would sell it today if I could but given this make/model's reputation - it is difficult to find a buyer.

Don't buy an Audi!!