2002 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Nice Looking and Roomy, but Problematic!
By CSD on 06/09/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the car brand new in 2002. Great looking car, and very roomy interior. However, car is extremely sluggish off the start. Acceleration can be jerky. Power windows have been a problem for me. My biggest pet peeve is the high maintenance/repair costs, as well as the frequency of repairs. I have similar issues as others, such as the instrument panel has pixel fade. Interior paint on climate control buttons have chipped.

Good but not exactly solid
By Lucio on 02/17/07 15:05 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Ok, I love my car... but is possible that the interior parts are so fragile? This is not what i would expect from a car at this pricepoint: The cigarette lighter doesn't work anymore, the buttons on the climate control and the wheel on the light panel has lost the paint after a little bit of use, and the worst is the cup holders - broken them twice simply using them with soda cans! The last thing broken is the central unit (the one that is between the driver seat and the passenger seat), since the cover on the top is broken, so I can't open and close, not even replace since I should replace the entire central unit.

Love the Car - $$$ Maintenance Bill
By Audi Fan on 11/13/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car after test driving many other European options - BMW, Saab, Volvo (my wife owns one and likes it), and one Japanese option - Maxima. Considering I have been a Honda, Nissan owner over the years, I was looking for something more exciting and I found it. My A6 has been wonderful; fun to drive, nice to look at and a pleasure on road trips. The CVT technology took some getting used to, but now I truly enjoy it. Knowing the possible repair bills down the road, I purchased an extended warranty and it was not cheap. Of course certain things are not covered, like replacing an automatic window clip for $450. The 40K maintenance bill was $995 b/c of high precision eng/trans.

Beauty of a Lemon
By wink7854 on 10/06/06 08:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

My Audi is a beauty inside and out, but too bad it stops there. It has been nothing but a problem and has broken down (literally) FOUR times. First time they said I had carbon build up in all cylinders. Cleaning them cost $900 because it wasn't covered by the warranty. They also flushed the fuel injection system for $300. Breakdown again. This time they said that it was an O-ring on the oxygen intake that wasn't correctly tightened. Breakdown again. This time they changed the catalytic converter. Breakdown again. Who knows what it is. I've also had trouble with the warranty. My instrument panel has pixel fade, but they won't replace it until all the pixels are gone! Don't buy an Audi!!

Go for it.
By ARun on 09/18/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a pre-owned A4/BMW325/MercC230/LexIS300. The A6 4.2 Quattro wowed me. I have never driven such a smooth car before. Excellent power and handling. The styling is great. Have owned it for a month and it runs great with 52K miles. I am still discovering the features. I have yet not been able to test the Tiptronic system. Still figuring out how to make the telematics and Sirius work. I read each of the reviews on this site and agree with all the positive comments about the car.

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD
By Alpha Dog on 08/04/06 17:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The A6 with twin-turbo and quattro is a thrill to drive - it offers spine-tingling acceleration throughout the gear and speed range and sticky, sure handling in all weather and road conditions - this is a four-door, all-wheel drive sports car with lots of room for driver and real adult passengers.

i LOOOOOOOVE my AUDI A6
By AudiAdi on 06/05/06 17:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The words can not express how much I enjoy this Car. I had purchased this car a year ago in 2005 and I just absolutely love it. It rides beautifully and it is such an awesome car to look at. All my friends love to ride in it as the rear seat has such luxurious space and comfort.

Top notch German performance car
By P Gray on 05/16/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car pre-owned. I have had BMW 5 series before - great cars - but wanted to try AWD. This car has interior room, solid quality build and great performance. 2.7 turbo engine w/ 6 speed and 40 to 120 mph doesn't get any better. Superior handling but occasionally the sport suspension is harsh if you spend time on city streets. In winter, mount 4 snows, turn off the ESP and you will put every car, truck or SUV to shame on snowy roads. Remember to change the timing belt before 100k miles!

Gets expensive after 70,000 miles
By BW on 03/15/06 18:03 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my 2002 pre-owned Audi in 2005. This is truly an awesome car inside and out. The features and performance can't be beat in the same price range. However, you may be able to afford to buy an Audi, but you may not be able to afford to drive one. The transmission started slipping at 60K miles. Electrical problems (interior lights cutting on and off) were an issue, little noises and rattles (drive me nuts), the engine went to 300 degrees on normal summer days and finding someone to service the car was a task. Unless you live in a metropolitan area or down the street from the dealership, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. I traded it in after 12 months.

Vroom . . . gasp
By ak9 on 02/26/06 22:04 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The ultimate luxury sleeper - one minute you're quietly cruising a residential street looking very stately - next minute the bi-turbo takes a deep breath and this torquey little spacecraft catapults you effortlessly into the traffic flow on the interstate doing 90. Very big trunk, roomy backseat and all the creature comforts - oh, and did I mention, all-wheel drive for those north country winters. Would have liked a little bit better gas mileage, but still beats the last Dodge and Ford sixes I owned on fuel efficiency. This is a very cushy rocket - don't miss it.