Used 2002 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Wow
By jub46

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Wow what a car this car is great I lowered this car did intake and exhaust and it goes like heck jet chip is next look out for the Gray haired guy next to you at the light with the smoked out a6

Favorite Features

AWD fit and finish and 5 cd in dash bose

Suggested Improvements

crappy cup holders

Fun While It Lasted
By BoilerUp

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Loved the looks and performance of this car - both inside and out - but now shopping for a new car at only 90,000 miles. Extremely disappointed that this car didn't live up to the expected 200K miles. As soon as the extended warranty was up, the problems started, multiplied and some unable to fix. Inept and outrageously expensive dealer repairs and other folks just don't like working on Audis, will not take me down this path again - too bad for they have some beautiful new cars that I would love to own like the A5. However, this experience has totally soured me on Audi and taking a new direction.

Favorite Features

interior, turbo, design, quiet and solid ride, AWD and great handling in all four seasons

Suggested Improvements

Value is just not there with this car. Always in the shop, expensive to repair - if you can even find someone to repair it - once the odometer hits 70,000+.

Love my Audi 2.7T
By dave

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have replaced CV boot, tie rod, brake pads and rotors, and expect to keep spending money on it. my friend is a good mechanic so he helps me out i just have to pay for parts. but if you're looking for an economy car, get a Honda/Nissan. If you're looking for something between Luxury and Sportscar, get an Audi. its too heavy to be sporty but that makes it perfect for cruising and a little smoother ride. its not as big as the A8...but is roomy enough to be considered a luxury car. I would recommend this car ...to someone who thinks they might like Audi's ...or who like VW. Just do ur research and make sure you don't find something thats been ragged on or wrecked. :)

Favorite Features

Turbos, suspension, tiptronic trans. quattro...love it....and the styling is cool but not too flashy it blends in well with other cars on the road.

Suggested Improvements

same ol same ol....cup holders, chipped performance settings...{they add horses or can reduce them for valet mode}

I love this car!
By PokaNYC

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it at 102000 miles. The body is in excellent condition. Huge trunk. Nice leather. Quiet ride. Great handling. Mileage is great for this class. Big 6 engine allows for awesome speed on the highway. I like the dash- and the the red lights are sweet at night. Acceleration is quick. I love the tiptronic feature-I use it on the highway and fuel mileage gets better. This is my first experience with an Audi and I am impressed. Wipers are quiet. Bose system is loud and booming. Two cigarette lighters- perfect for charging multiple phones/laptop use. I had already expected high maintenance costs (c'mon..it's an Audi, not a Chevy). I replaced the air filter (w/K&N), timing belt and tires.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic. Leather quality. Dash/Console set up and appearance. Performance is great. Wipers are good. Steering and handling are nice. Quiet ride when the windows are up. Audio system is appropriate. Fuel mileage is efficient. Just the overall high standards for this vehicle is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

OMG if there's one thing I despise on this vehicle, it's the cup holders. I dunno what genius came up with the idea to put those flimsy contraptions in such a nice car! Also the cruise control should be in a better location. Those annoying beeps when the car is in reverse, even if nothing is there.

Good car
By SavCD

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2002. I have only had a very things done to it (based on time) that were ahead of schedule. I just had the timing belt changed. It has been a good car and a joy to own. I intend to keep it another five years.

Favorite Features

Radio, seats, comfort, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

DIESEL VERSION!!!!!!! Better mileage.