Used 2002 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Audi A6 a bad experience
By sadaudiowner

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 42 days and it has been at the dealership with five problems for 21 days of the 42 days I have owned it. The malfunction light came on twice (catalytic conv. & purge valve), windshield fluid canister, unable to turn key even after forcing wheel, alarm goes off randomly, they have no idea why!!

What a car!
By Shauvin

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Wow! I was looking for something sporty and comfortable that could handle the miserable inland NW snow and ice. This baby's the ticket! Unbelievable power and great braking. Extremely efficient cliamte control and great heated seats. Handles like a charm no matter how bad the roads are. Audi has come a long way from the old garage crashers and this car is the proof (I still hear the jokes though.) Acceleration is a little herky jerky (but once the turbo's kick in, hang on!) The brakes are a little grabby too, but you get used to it.

Favorite Features

Turbo. Makes this car a monster. The Bose sound system is out of this world. The louder it's turned up, the better it sounds. Fold down rear seats makes for tons af storage room. The car is a dream on the open road.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the sun roof. I like mine open all the way but the "wub,wub,wub,", drives me nuts and cracking a window turns the car into a wind tunnel. Windshield wipers are distracting when on. Better cup holders. My trunk lid doesn't always shut. Have to try two or three times sometimes.

VERY Satisfied
By jsw

2002 Audi A6 4.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I now have 9800 miles on my 2002 A6 4.2. It has performed flawlessly, and is as much fun to drive as the three Porsches I've owned (in 70's and mid 80's). It's fast; quiet; beautifully designed interior; interesting, German-type technical features (loaded with them!) and, in the mountains the Quattro is invaluable. I'm running Dunlop Winter Sport M2s for Winter (Tire Rack purchase; they stick like glue, in Boulder snowstorms and on ski trips, even on ice!) and the provided 185/40/17 Contis which were stock, and came with the car. Not a rattle in 10K miles. Dealer service impeccable. I'd buy another one..

Favorite Features

Tiptronic Drive and Sport mode; steering wheel shifters; great seats; surprising power; and stick-to-road Quattro dependable handling, esp. on snowy and icy roads. Sport suspension and great wheels and tires.

Suggested Improvements

Of course -- more power! But it's got plenty.

I love it! Perfect!
By Kevin Kim

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned Benz E320, BMW528 but I've never met like A6 2.7T AWD. I love its everything. You must be happy with it. I guarantee it!

Favorite Features

Monster-like power, accurate handling and brake.

Suggested Improvements

Center console and cup-holder. Please look up the Benz..

A6 3.0 is good to go
By peteman

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

The 3.0 isn't the fastest, but definetly an excellent package for the money. It has good power and handles very well. It's heavy enough to give a smooth ride. It's large enough to for three child seats, which isn't the norm, but has happened. It comes well equiped and is a definite eye catcher with a sexy set of chrome wheels and medium profile performance tires.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and ammenities.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions, because if you need more power just purchase a 2.7T or the 4.2.