Used 2002 Audi A6 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

3.0 Avant quattro 3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Good for the first 50k miles...
By BeeGee

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

... but a serious headache since then. In for over $7,000 in repairs since turning 4/50k. Would have been more if the dealer hadn't taken pity on us. Literally in the shop to the tune of $1200+ every six months. And I'm not talking maintenance. That is expected. Conversely, my 2001 BMW just had its first non routine service (less than $2k btw). With just over 91k miles and at 7 years, the time has come to replace this vehicle. My advice if you must drive an Audi is to get yourself a nice 36-48 month lease and then toss it back to the dealer before the problems surface.

Drives ok. Nice family car. Holds a fair amount of stuff but less than our comparable Volvo V70. GREAT BOSE AUDIO system. Probably the best I'll ever own.

Aside from improving the long term reliability, offer a diesel to offset the poor mileage that you get with most AWD vehicles.

Tranny woes
By S. Wild

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the styling, the power, the handling... but I hate the transmission! Would you ever shift into 5th at 25 mph? This car does. It's either bogged down or revved up around corners - a little frightening. Love the trip-tronic, but hubby doesnt' do that. Ever. You'd better have a garage, cause this baby doesn't like New England winters - it whines and groans. And the wiper blades! Summer-type only, Audi-brand only ($25), that can't take any ice. The $90 rubber floor mats let water leak onto the carpet... Gimme my old Volvo AWD! Ok, so I'll miss the handling...

Handling, power, exterior design, interior ergonomics, sound system.

Get a real engineer!!!!!!!!!!!

LUXURY WITH STYLE
By ursomaior

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall we are quite happy with the A6 Avant. The car looks great, the interior is luxurious and somewhat spacious. Very nice exterior design. we are so glad that we did not buy ML320.

Luxurious interior. Good Bose Sound System. Beautiful exterior design.

Numb steering wheel. Suspension too soft. Non responsive accelaration pedal. (sometimes I feel like I am driving an old Caddillac)

A6 AVANT
By FRANK WILSON

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

WE NEEDED A CAR FOR MY WIFE TO DRIVE IN ALL WEATHER AND PICKED THE AVANT...BEST VEHICLE WE HAVE EVER OWNED SO NOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN A6 4.2 QUATTRO SEDAN FOR ME.

QUATTRO, QUALITY, DRIVING PLEASURE, XENON LIGHTS

EASIER TO USE INFORMATION CENTER

A6 3.0 Avant is sweet
By Mark Cagno

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely satisfied with this automobile & this is coming from a tough critic. Overall if you like to drive cars, I believe this is the best all around wagon/Small SUV in the market. I was very worried about the power this car offered based on some of the reading I did prior to my purchase. The worrying was for naught. This car gets up to speed quickly with no hesitation. It is not a vette, but acceleration is better than most cars.

Bose Option, Controls well placed, cargo, leg room, comfortable ride, quiet ride, looks great, handling, XENON LIGHTS, Fit & Finish, Good road view

Larger glove box & center console, steering wheel memory needed, larger cupholders, cruise control location weird, full spare needed, headlights don't turn off auto, Auto sensing windshield wipers.