2002 Audi A6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

3.0 Avant quattro 3.0L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )
Good for the first 50k miles...
By BeeGee on 08/11/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

... but a serious headache since then. In for over $7,000 in repairs since turning 4/50k. Would have been more if the dealer hadn't taken pity on us. Literally in the shop to the tune of $1200+ every six months. And I'm not talking maintenance. That is expected. Conversely, my 2001 BMW just had its first non routine service (less than $2k btw). With just over 91k miles and at 7 years, the time has come to replace this vehicle. My advice if you must drive an Audi is to get yourself a nice 36-48 month lease and then toss it back to the dealer before the problems surface.

Tranny woes
By S. Wild on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the styling, the power, the handling... but I hate the transmission! Would you ever shift into 5th at 25 mph? This car does. It's either bogged down or revved up around corners - a little frightening. Love the trip-tronic, but hubby doesnt' do that. Ever. You'd better have a garage, cause this baby doesn't like New England winters - it whines and groans. And the wiper blades! Summer-type only, Audi-brand only ($25), that can't take any ice. The $90 rubber floor mats let water leak onto the carpet... Gimme my old Volvo AWD! Ok, so I'll miss the handling...

LUXURY WITH STYLE
By ursomaior on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall we are quite happy with the A6 Avant. The car looks great, the interior is luxurious and somewhat spacious. Very nice exterior design. we are so glad that we did not buy ML320.

A6 AVANT
By FRANK WILSON on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

WE NEEDED A CAR FOR MY WIFE TO DRIVE IN ALL WEATHER AND PICKED THE AVANT...BEST VEHICLE WE HAVE EVER OWNED SO NOW WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN A6 4.2 QUATTRO SEDAN FOR ME.

A6 3.0 Avant is sweet
By Mark Cagno on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely satisfied with this automobile & this is coming from a tough critic. Overall if you like to drive cars, I believe this is the best all around wagon/Small SUV in the market. I was very worried about the power this car offered based on some of the reading I did prior to my purchase. The worrying was for naught. This car gets up to speed quickly with no hesitation. It is not a vette, but acceleration is better than most cars.

Fun Car
By Biewel on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it 5 month ago and have no regrets what so ever. This car is fun to drive and offers plenty of space for the family. Rented a 2.5 TDI in Europa last month and Audi should offer this engine in the US as well. That car rocks.

This car is a trap!
By Clin on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2.8 avant in 1999. In the first 36 months, it worked fine. But only a week after the warrenty expired, the water pump broken, and cost me $1000 to fix. I had heard this kind of case before I bought the car, but I didn't pay much attention. Be careful, this car could cost you much more than you expected.

Overrated
By German Car Expert on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great idea, poor execution

great car....if only
By car nerd on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Wagon 3.0 Avant quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

In it's first 20,000 miles the car has been flawless. No rattles, squeaks or glitches. The 200 hp V6 is peppier than expected but I wish they would make the wagon with a manual transmission, and ideally the 250 hp bi-turbo (but without the all-road lift kit) . With 4 blizzaks the car is unstoppable in snow/ice.