2002 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
I'm In love With this car
By haydem on 09/28/11 00:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned!! Not only can does it look fantastic, but the power to go just as fast from 60 to 120 as i do from 0 to 60 is the most amazing performance ever!! I am the envy of all my friends, and have recieved neverending compliments of my car and its sleek sexy look and power!! I am in the process of getting a few things worked on for time service interval like my timing (wow expensive) water pump, and other maintenance, but have not ran into many problems!! I love the high style class listing of car I am in now, a 21 year old with an audi looks like i have rich parents, but my car is nicer than theirs, and I love when people think my parents bought it!!

I'm the envy of all my friends
By Shirley K on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My son who actually works for a Mercedes Benz dealer suggested that I look at the Audi Quattro's. As a woman in her early 70's has driven American cars all her life, I was impressed with the comfort and feeling of control the moment I got behind the steering wheel and went on the test drive. Years later I am happy to say this has been the best car I have ever owned. No extra trips to the shop between services and now with the new synthetic oil I take it in only once a year. I feel bad that I didn't buy a car from my son but he agrees that I purchased the best car for my needs and the harsh winter weather in the Pacific Northwest.

It's a great driver and fun to drive
By Ruebezahl on 08/01/10 11:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new right after Christmas when the dealer gave us a wonderful price to make room for new vehicles. Paid $31,000 in 2003 with the CVT transmission. We really couldn't afford the turbo 2.8 liter Quattro and lowered ourselves to a plain Jane A6. It was the best decision that was made. The wheels take the cheaper 16" tires. (bought quality for high speed though) The CVT yields 'me' around town abound 24 mpg and that's nothing to sneeze at. I drive enthusiastic yet not foolish stops and starts. So far the dealer took care of the warranty and recall campaigns. We'll find out soon enough for I found a great independent German mechanic that won't rake me over the coals.

Well worth the investment
By Lanessar on 06/23/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

A superb luxury vehicle, even years later, which provides a nice, smooth ride. Fun factor is very high in this vehicle. With quattro, Florida downpours don't slow your vehicle down a bit - only the other drivers do. This car's handling and brakes have already prevented a rather horrible high-speed accident when a 2-ton truck decided to go from 80-20 about 12 feet in front of me.

Good car so far
By love my Audi on 06/06/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car with 48,000 miles five years ago, now it has 142,000 happy miles and the car still drives like new. No major issues except CV boot replacement at 90,000 miles, Catalytic converter and O2 sensor replacement at 110,000 miles. With the high end technology comes expected high repair cost, having a knowledgeable and genuine mechanic will make your ownership worthwhile. Mark you if you need a simple sedan then this is not the car for you. Had fun passing SUVs stuck during this years record storm, thanks to the quatro AWD. 200,000 miles here comes my A6.

Wow
By jub46 on 04/29/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Wow what a car this car is great I lowered this car did intake and exhaust and it goes like heck jet chip is next look out for the Gray haired guy next to you at the light with the smoked out a6

Fun While It Lasted
By BoilerUp on 02/28/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Loved the looks and performance of this car - both inside and out - but now shopping for a new car at only 90,000 miles. Extremely disappointed that this car didn't live up to the expected 200K miles. As soon as the extended warranty was up, the problems started, multiplied and some unable to fix. Inept and outrageously expensive dealer repairs and other folks just don't like working on Audis, will not take me down this path again - too bad for they have some beautiful new cars that I would love to own like the A5. However, this experience has totally soured me on Audi and taking a new direction.

Love my Audi 2.7T
By dave on 01/29/10 23:58 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have replaced CV boot, tie rod, brake pads and rotors, and expect to keep spending money on it. my friend is a good mechanic so he helps me out i just have to pay for parts. but if you're looking for an economy car, get a Honda/Nissan. If you're looking for something between Luxury and Sportscar, get an Audi. its too heavy to be sporty but that makes it perfect for cruising and a little smoother ride. its not as big as the A8...but is roomy enough to be considered a luxury car. I would recommend this car ...to someone who thinks they might like Audi's ...or who like VW. Just do ur research and make sure you don't find something thats been ragged on or wrecked. :)

I love this car!
By PokaNYC on 11/02/09 14:29 PM (PST)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it at 102000 miles. The body is in excellent condition. Huge trunk. Nice leather. Quiet ride. Great handling. Mileage is great for this class. Big 6 engine allows for awesome speed on the highway. I like the dash- and the the red lights are sweet at night. Acceleration is quick. I love the tiptronic feature-I use it on the highway and fuel mileage gets better. This is my first experience with an Audi and I am impressed. Wipers are quiet. Bose system is loud and booming. Two cigarette lighters- perfect for charging multiple phones/laptop use. I had already expected high maintenance costs (c'mon..it's an Audi, not a Chevy). I replaced the air filter (w/K&N), timing belt and tires.

Good car
By SavCD on 08/02/09 15:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2002. I have only had a very things done to it (based on time) that were ahead of schedule. I just had the timing belt changed. It has been a good car and a joy to own. I intend to keep it another five years.