Used 2002 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

I'm In love With this car
By haydem

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the most amazing car I have ever owned!! Not only can does it look fantastic, but the power to go just as fast from 60 to 120 as i do from 0 to 60 is the most amazing performance ever!! I am the envy of all my friends, and have recieved neverending compliments of my car and its sleek sexy look and power!! I am in the process of getting a few things worked on for time service interval like my timing (wow expensive) water pump, and other maintenance, but have not ran into many problems!! I love the high style class listing of car I am in now, a 21 year old with an audi looks like i have rich parents, but my car is nicer than theirs, and I love when people think my parents bought it!!

Favorite Features

I love the twin turbo, wish it was a manual six speed but the five speed with the tiptronic suites just as well!! Its a beautiful powerful luxury sedan that is underestimated at the stop light til all you can see are the taillights!! The awd is perfect for the winter roads of Idaho with the right tires!! Can you say gadgets?? If you like pushing buttons that do sweet things you never thought would be in a car then this car is your transformer!! The leather is beautiful, and heated all the way around!! Could you ask for more??

Suggested Improvements

Suggested improvements I would say are electrical components, but I mean with a button to push for anything you want to do its something to expect!! Yes this car is expensive to maintain, but so worth it, and it may have its problems here and there, but once you drive one you are so hooked!! Driving a high class vehicle requires high class maintenance and respect, so how you treat this car everyday forsees how much you will have to put into fixing it later!!

I'm the envy of all my friends
By Shirley K

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My son who actually works for a Mercedes Benz dealer suggested that I look at the Audi Quattro's. As a woman in her early 70's has driven American cars all her life, I was impressed with the comfort and feeling of control the moment I got behind the steering wheel and went on the test drive. Years later I am happy to say this has been the best car I have ever owned. No extra trips to the shop between services and now with the new synthetic oil I take it in only once a year. I feel bad that I didn't buy a car from my son but he agrees that I purchased the best car for my needs and the harsh winter weather in the Pacific Northwest.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

It's perfect how it is.

It's a great driver and fun to drive
By Ruebezahl

2002 Audi A6 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Bought new right after Christmas when the dealer gave us a wonderful price to make room for new vehicles. Paid $31,000 in 2003 with the CVT transmission. We really couldn't afford the turbo 2.8 liter Quattro and lowered ourselves to a plain Jane A6. It was the best decision that was made. The wheels take the cheaper 16" tires. (bought quality for high speed though) The CVT yields 'me' around town abound 24 mpg and that's nothing to sneeze at. I drive enthusiastic yet not foolish stops and starts. So far the dealer took care of the warranty and recall campaigns. We'll find out soon enough for I found a great independent German mechanic that won't rake me over the coals.

Favorite Features

The Bose radio with RDS is great. The A/C kicks here in FL. Can use regular gas as alternative. Good passing when needed and the CVT never fails. It looks clean in design in and out and that's important. Upper cup holder cools drink with A/C air. Automatic dimming on all three mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

What can one improve on an 2002 car? I would like cup holders that would be more robust. I would like more results on the automatic speed controlled radio volume feature. An extra 12 volt outlet that's ignition connected

Well worth the investment
By Lanessar

2002 Audi A6 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

A superb luxury vehicle, even years later, which provides a nice, smooth ride. Fun factor is very high in this vehicle. With quattro, Florida downpours don't slow your vehicle down a bit - only the other drivers do. This car's handling and brakes have already prevented a rather horrible high-speed accident when a 2-ton truck decided to go from 80-20 about 12 feet in front of me.

Favorite Features

Biturbo, quattro, comfortable interior. Smoking package made life good for me - much better than in other vehicles. Fantastic handling, and excellent braking ability.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like a bit more torque - a little sluggish from a complete stop. Button and cup holder resilience should be improved - anything with a black color in the car has a coating which wears thin quickly.

Good car so far
By love my Audi

2002 Audi A6 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car with 48,000 miles five years ago, now it has 142,000 happy miles and the car still drives like new. No major issues except CV boot replacement at 90,000 miles, Catalytic converter and O2 sensor replacement at 110,000 miles. With the high end technology comes expected high repair cost, having a knowledgeable and genuine mechanic will make your ownership worthwhile. Mark you if you need a simple sedan then this is not the car for you. Had fun passing SUVs stuck during this years record storm, thanks to the quatro AWD. 200,000 miles here comes my A6.

Favorite Features

Quattro (AWD), Bose radio,amble rear room, quality interior materials

Suggested Improvements

chipping of high use areas esp. headlight switch and radio volume and channels knobs.