2001 Audi A6 Consumer Review: Why is Audi overlooked by so m

2001 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

2.7T quattro Sedan (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Why is Audi overlooked by so many?
By DWPC on

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm completing 4 years driving my A6 2.7T, and can easily rate as the best car I've ever had, including two E- Class Mercedes. Its been utterly flawless, dealer service is excellent, is both fun and luxurious to drive, offers strong V8-like performance. As my lease end neared, I checked out new several cars. NO car I've driven matched the A6 balance of drivability, comfort, and luxury...so I'm keeping it.

Styling, great performance, the amazing quattro AWD system that ALWAYS provides traction, economy in a true luxury sedan (23-25 mpg highway), all maintenance covered first 4 years, midsize handling with limo like room and a huge trunk, very quiet at highway speeds.

None significant. Transmission could perhaps be more aggressive. A 12v power outlet would be handy for the phone. Perhaps a standardized interface for cell phones (but thats an industry issue). The car essentially lacks nothing.