2001 Audi A6 4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Scare the kids with this

2001 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

4.2 quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Scare the kids with this powerfull V8
By DETIGEL on

2001 Audi A6 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 7000 miles on it at the audi dealership, audi assured warranty gives me peace of mind. The ride is great overall, super responsive, smooth, fast, but with the standard 16" wheels, handling is a bit spungy, I upgraded to 18" rs4 wheels w/ bridgetone potenza s-03 pole position tires (great tires for this car, though I'd get lighter wheels if I do this again. Actually I would buy this car only with the sport package, as the standard seats don't provide adequate support, especially for the passengers. The kids love the car (we have 2 and actually like having two sculpted seats in the back).

Favorite Features

Super engine, dealer support, safety features, acceleration, design (look of the car - in&out), fit and finish. Oh, did I mention the fabulous Bose sound and supurb climate control?

Suggested Improvements

Sell this car only with sport seats and wheels/ suspension, i.e. those who want the Lexus ride should buy just that, the rest of us want to have fun driving!