2001 Audi A6 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - audi = garbage

2001 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

2.7T quattro Sedan (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

audi = garbage
By steve on

2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I knew I was taking a big chance when I purchased this Audi a6 quattro turbo with 109,000 miles given the car's reputation for poor reliability. However, I got it at a great price and was assured from the previous owner that it was well taken care of with all maintenance done as scheduled. With-in 3 weeks problems started, front struts started squeaking, took it to dealer to inspect, that will be $900.00 please. Then a few month's later a/c went out dealer says just $1200.00 please. Then recently all dash lights went out without warning. Dealer says just $800.00 please. Turbo is failing I was told and will have to be replaced within the next 6 month's. Dealer says just $2800.00 please. Never again!

Favorite Features

when i finally trade it in will be my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

improve the quality in these cars.
By audicuz
on 08/13/13 11:20 AM (PDT)

try not going to the dealer, find a reputable german mechanic. also, never buy a car based on the owner saying its in good shape. these cars produce a lot of power with twin turbos. if someone likes to speed around those turbos will create extra wear.