2001 Audi A6 Consumer Review: My 1st Audi; there will be mor

2001 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Review

My 1st Audi; there will be more
By na on

2001 Audi A6 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Comming to the end of a 3 yr lease, this was my 1st Audi. When I got it I chose it over the Mercedes E400 with all wheel drive because it met or exceeded that car feature for feature, had much better acceleration, and had the design/feel of a sports car vs. a 'sedan'. Every button is where it should be. I actually like the simplified navigation system (taking route a turn at a time) as opposed to other 'digital map' implementations. I never expected extra convienences like fold down rear seats to expand trunk space. Pure fun to drive alone, or chaufering others.

Always looking forward to driving the car. Heated steering wheel. GPS antena discrete on trunk vs. mast on roof. Big trunk. Power, handling, quiet cruising at + interstate speeds.

"Adaptive" transmission too restrained at times. Nav system leaves only one cupholder up front. Parktronic a necessity for close quarter parking; bigger side mirrors. Ditch the chevy S-10 taillights. Nav CD coverage too small at $180/CD