Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
By __ty__ on
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)
Ok, so i bought this car off of my inlaws, who bought it certified with 25k on the odo. After owning it myself for 3 yrs, it now has 155k on it. It runs smoothly and effortlessly on the freeway and in and out of traffic around town. A pleasure to drive in all types of weather. Sure-footed confidence in rain, snow & ice. I put 4 studded snow tires on it each winter and have no trouble climbing any WV mountains! Amazing. I repair most things that break myself to keep repairs down to a minimum. 1 yr ago the timing chain guide rail (plastic), broke and cost me a new head! I did most of the work myself with a friend. That one set me back $1,000. A fluke I suppose...gas mileage is so-so.
Favorite Features
Quattro (AWD). Interior is beautiful. Very nice, settled ride at all times. Huge trunk. Roomy back seat. Bose CD/radio is still sounding great.
Suggested Improvements
Door handles freeze in winter and doors will not close. Window switches wear quickly. Exterior design is a bit too sterile. Engine seals begin to leak around 90k & require pulling all 4 cams out to replace. A little ridiculous to me. FUEL MILEAGE: 16-19 city/22-26 hwy have been my averages (My dad's AWD twin-turbo BMW gets better mileage and is MUCH quicker than this car)