Absolute Tank!
By sjs on
2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)
We bought it back in June of 06' with 131,000 miles on it, it now has 171,000. It was purchased as an extra vehicle for my wife who has tried her hardest to kill it. She has been in three accidents one of them quite serious, we fixed it and it runs and drives great. I change the oil every 5,000 with synthetic of course. I do it myself to save money. It does have some of the leaky issues and the drivers side window is testy, but to its credit its almost 10 years old been put through the ringer by my wife's poor driving skills, and believe me, if you only knew. It is an awesome vehicle. Worth every penny. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Audi. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
Favorite Features
Bose stereo, all wheel drive, turbo power, HID's, still smooth running and after 10 years still looks contemporary.
Suggested Improvements
Not much to improve. I think they have refined it quite well with the recent models. However the fuel economy could have been better, but again the newer models offer that and lets not forget its a turbo with all wheel drive. What would you expect?
By audicuz
on 08/13/13 11:24 AM (PDT)

re: oil leaks replace the valve cover gaskets, parts are cheap but labor is expensive. ask the mechanic to replace the cam gaskets while hes in there, takes a bout an extra 10 minutes and $16, but must be done. the pressure of twin turbos mean having to maintain rubber parts under lots of pressure.