2001 Audi A6 Consumer Review: A6 4.2-Pretty Good

2001 Audi A6 - Consumer Review

2001 Audi A6

4.2 quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

A6 4.2-Pretty Good
By A6 LTB on

2001 Audi A6 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I last owned an A4 2.8q that was leased. I decided that I did not want to be restricted by mileage overages so we bought a CPO 2001 Audi A6 4.2. I think it is probably one of the best looking cars made and definetly the best looking Audi except for the RS6. It has a very aggressive look to it. It had the Sport package so the ride is firm but I like feeling connected to the road. It came with some pretty aggressive Yokohama 255/40/17's that are great in the dry roads but truly stink in the snow. The car could not get up a hill in our local area, so I had to back down the hill and start over. I guess the Quatro system is only as good as the tires. But for pete sake,these cost $200 a piece

Body style, interior, power of the V8. Sport seats are great. Rear sunshades are great for our daughter. Heated rear seats were another great feature for her.

The car seems solid but it was in for 2 weeks for brakes, front end work, and 2 alignments. This happened right after we bought it which makes me doubt the so-called 300pt inspection process. Thank god it was all under warranty. Radio changes station by itself. Pax wind failing.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review