2001 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
1st time Audi owner
By ViensVT on 11/23/06 10:16 AM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Great power. You get all the comfort style and performance you would expect from an Audi. Just run good gas and oil through it and let the oil gauge hit 175 before bringing it over 3000 rpm. Great power. Little turbo lag. I love it.

Luxurious interior and nice ride, unique
By LadyAudi2.8Q on 10/07/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The car I bought had some maintenance issues before I purchased it. I have found a dealership that very professional and not overpriced. The quality of work is good. I also found parts on line to circumvent overpricing. The car is a dream. It needs the normal 6 yr old car things, but it makes me smile each time I get in. The interior design is gorgeous! Yes, Audi has a few minor switch, cup holder and headlight issues but those parts aren't very high. The check engine diagnostics can be done for free at a local autoparts store. The fuel, air filters can be purchased in bulk to save $. It is the price for luxury and it isn't bad. I gladly drive it instead of the mass similiar car.

OK
By Khos on 08/02/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Nice car, powerful engine and fun to drive, but it does not offer reliability. Last summer it spent 2 months at the dealership because of a weird problem with a computer part. Before that, had a problem with the brakes, before that the front seat moved back and forth, by itself when driving in reverse. Do I like this car, yeah I do, its a nice car to drive. Would I buy another Audi .... NO WAY !!! I need to rely on my car and can't afford to have it in the shop so often.

Under rated at "best in class"
By R on 04/09/06 17:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

From the solid feel of the door handle to the unreal hold on snowy winding Connecticut roads, this is the all-around benchmark for mid-luxury. Before falling for the A6 4.2, I drove (among others) the 540, G35 and both Lexuses. Each excel in one area, but not one adds it all in one package like the Audi. And at a better price. The only thing missing for me is that it's not an RS6. But that additional money is tied up in my weekend convertable.

Save your Money!
By LH on 03/27/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

There are many pros behind this car. It has a beautiful interior, it is fun to drive, it handles better than most other cars and has amazing pick up. The cons, however, completely out weigh the pros. This car was purchased certified pre owned with 36K miles. Within the first year, it has broken down(thermostat overheated and coolant tank cracked), and has been taken in 18 times due to various problems (ie- when driving the automatic, it would slip into 2nd gear for no reason), and has most recently required a new transmission. I regret falling for the aestetics and strongly recommend anyone against the Audi. It's not worth the headache.

so far so great
By instanton on 12/07/05 09:05 AM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We have the six-speed and there is no hint of turbo lag. I get 23+ mpg on combined city/highway driving (probably because I don't always drive like I have something to prove). Acceleration is amazing when needed, and the engine picks up anywhere from 1.5Krpm upwards in any gear. we got the sport suspension and sport wheels, which means I can go around corners practically with no braking. Saves wear and tear on the brakes and gives the kids a thrill :-). The stereo (Symphony) is excellent. Bought it used with 51K mi for less than 17K$. Try getting something with the feature set (Xenons, auto-dimming mirrors, power heated leather ...) in other brands for anything close.

Great Value
By C on 12/04/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Very happy, great car all around. Only complaint would be that the suspension can is a bit soft for my liking when pushing it in the corners.

Longing for reliability
By Jackson on 11/18/05 15:11 PM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

By far the most unreliable car I've had. Bought the car use as "Certified Pre-Owned" with 32000 miles on it. The car was wonderful the first 3 months, the the problems started. In the next 6 months, it spent more time at the dealership than in my garage. Most problems were of electrical nature. Bottom line ..... save yourself a lot of trouble by avoiding this car and this manufacturer all together.

Turbo
By Steve J on 11/14/05 21:12 PM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is awesome! You can't compare the features and technology Audi incorporates into its car to BMW for the price. The Turbo rips once you get going above 30 and its the safest car I've ever driven. The power assist steering is a joy around town and at high speeds the car really locks down. Heated back seats are a crowd pleaser and if you ski its has a split seat and ski pass through. Put a good pair or tires on it and you'll love this car.

A Great Car
By Cameron on 11/05/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I love this car! Bought it new and have had one electrical problem with radio that was covered under warrenty, but that's it. 10,000 miles between oil changes can't be beat. Very reliable and safe - best 4wd vehicle around for on street winter driving.