Long Road to Nowhere...
By MarbleTurtle on
2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
After taking a job 82 miles from home, I thought about and drove everything over a month. I decided on a certified pre-owned A6 2.7 Sport over the BMW 5 & 7 and MB E & S class... more room than the mid size cars, more performance than the big cars... lower price. Price was a consideration because at 50k miles a year, I'll be running the wheels of this one. Reliability has been good. At almost 100k miles I've had only 2 minor problems. After making it to work one day in 45 minutes on an emergency call (you do the math), my car has also earned a reputation around the office.
Favorite Features
Strong performance. Good balalnce between handling and comfort. Despite M3 performance levels, it costs less to insure than my wife's minivan. The car to drive when you need to go somewhere fast and comfortably no matter what the weather.
Suggested Improvements
16" wheels and lousy Continental tires on a sports package car? Poor AM reception! Reprogram the Sport-tronic not to automatically downshift at 90 in manual mode at full acceleration. (I've tried others, they all do that!)