2000 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Love it!
By Brentlypdx on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have only owned the car a month, but it is my third Audi in a row. I find them to be innovative, elegant, and fun to drive. The A6 2.7T is a wonderful combination of elegance and sport all in one. You get to be a grown up, and feel like a kid.

graet car to drive
By HR on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car to drive, especially on ling stretches. I am 6'2'' and have no problems. Great traction with Quatro. Minor problems. Bought extended warranty. Audi service is very professional. Would buy again, buit gettinr very expensive.

The best car I have owned
By bettedon on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The most fun car I have ever owned, beating '66 Barracuda and '90 Reatta. Haven't begun to test the performance limits since I mostly abide by the law, but it takes corners awesomely. An amazing thing to me- mass flow detector and related items malfunctioned after 60000 mile warranty expired, I replaced. A few months ago Audi offered an extended warranty for this, easy way to reply. I banked the $515 check this week. Any other manufacturer doing this?

Great drive bad reliability
By b williams on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in October 2003 with 30k. In one month I have replace brakes, roters (and they still squeek, Repaired many cabin rattles, and need to replace leeky valve cover gaskets. The car is fun to drive but I wished I had not bought it.

Dissapointed in Quality and Dealership
By motternd on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

Just got a certified preowned A6 from Jim Ellis Audi in Atlanta. Very unhappy with the quality. It has loose panels, rattles under the dash, and knocks from the rear dash. I took the vehicle in for electric short 5 months after buying & found that it needed $1400 of repairs. Needed new cv boots, tie rod ends, & had oil leak. I battled Jim Ellis & Audi of America for two weeks on this. A preowned certified vehicle should not need this type of work 5 months after purchasing. I finally got Jim Ellis Audi share the cost. Dont trust the preowned certified process. Have your own mechanic check the car before buying.

A6 4.2 versus STS
By Krafty 2001 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

After owning an STS for 3 years I decided it was time for a change. The 4.2 stood out as a great alternative to the commonplace BMW's traveling the highways. The power and confidence in quatro in Boston weather made the 4.2 an easy choice. Many BMW owners complained to me about poor handling in bad weather conditions. The 4.2 is like spider man. This car sticks to the road.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By barrgen on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car was made to roll. The only words that came to mind when I test drove the A6 4.2 was,...Ultimate driving machine. Everything about this car makes it fun to drive. Pick up, power, smoothness, ergonomics and safety are awesome. I like the fact that the car isn't ostentatious. It's understated elegance and comfort without making "a statement" about what you drive.

Perfect handling and power
By Nik on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The perfect car but unreliable, 30K mi, breaks (rotors and pads), engine and transmission seals leak, secondary cooling pump leaks, mass air flow sensor failed... the service department is slow, unresponsive and expensive.

Great Car
By Rick Traskos on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The 2.7 is a fun car to drive. Plenty of pep and holds the road like a tiger. Now if they could just get that wonderful Bose radio system to get better reception, that would make the car just about perfect.

Very happy
By DMH on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My husband and I have owned Audi cars for 20 years. He currently drives the S8 I love this car. I am the original owner and have had no problems with it. I had problems with previous Audis but this one I ordered custom. Perhaps that made a difference or maybe they have finally addressed a few of their quality issues.