2000 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Never Again
By Hunter S on 11/16/04 22:04 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Sedan was probably a candidate for a "lemon law" return. I have NEVER had so many problems with a vehicle and when I finally got rid of it I got clobbered on the resale value. I'm back in a BMW and couldn't be happier!

Audi A6 4.2 Quattro
By Nate Affleck on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Have had numerous issues with upper and lower control arms. Something to consider is the enormous costs because of the Audi name and the German parts every little things costs an arm and a leg. All in all I believe this to be a lemon.

Great Car
By Conejito on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

I love my A6. Very attractive exterior design. The inside is luxurious and spacious. Much more storage space than the BMW 5 series. I highly recommend it.

Love the performance; hate the brakes
By DonK on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have never had a car that was so enjoyable to drive. It loves the freeway and provides all the comforts I need. The controls are all where I expected them to be. (AC controls are a bit difficult to remember, but I set and forget.) The brakes warp easily and give a shuttering often. Dealer says this is par for the Audis since asbestos disappeared from the pads. Other maintenance items so far are average. I don't do lots of miles, so look for reviews by those who match your driving style.

I LOVE this Car!!!
By belsico on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I am not a huge car buff and usually can't tell the difference from one to the next. The Audi A6 caught my eye with its sleek lines -- after taking it for a test drive, I was sold. The steering and handling is extremely tight, so you feel like you are really driving. It was amazing in the snow as well. I almost felt like I was driving on dry pavement even though there was 5 inches of snow on the road. When I took the car into my mechanic, he found it in excellent shape and was very pleased at the purchase (I was a regular with my old Lexus). Overall, I highly recommend this car -- a beauty that is fun to drive!

Great car... not with the service
By 00AUDIA6 on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The car itself is decent, the Quattro does an excellent job in a Maine winter, but the quality from there on out drops. The rear cupholders both broke in December 02. We have yet to hear back from the dealer who is 'ordering the parts'. Vehicle is safe, was in a minor accident and we did not feel anything, but we sent it to the dealership, and they fixed the rear bumper... with a dent in the front bumper. Way to go for quality control. Car has had many service problems, and dealer's service has been unsatisfactory

i lOVE THIS CAR
By bodie on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a great Sedan. For performance you can't beat it....It'a brialliantly fast

NON BORING VEHICLE
By ehirsch60 on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

• Definitely enjoyable, non- boring vehicle. Regret to let go when the new body style comes out. • Rides and handles smooth with some upper cabin wind noise. Triptronic is excellent but dislike short 1st gear up-shift & no slow down-shift to 1st. • Engine mounts where replaced by manufacturer within first 2000 miles but never had a problem again; there are some trouble with engine vacuum lines which sporadically triggers the engine check light, no a major issue. Driver’s seat leather faded quickly. • Great overall, withstands abuse, reliable wear & tear, I would buy again without a doubt.

audi a6 8cyl.
By neeniebeani on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

this car can blow the doors off of my last car (BMW 528I) it looks great and handles even better!

Luxury but Affordable
By David McConnell on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

I have found my 200 A-6 2.8 to be more luxurious than my previous BMW 5- series, but not as sporty.