2000 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Unknown
By Deller on 10/05/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Excellent car. Functional with great reliability. Best of all, it is safe and handles well.

45000 miles in FIVE months!
By Bobby on 08/28/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought my pearl white A6 in February of this year with 67,000 miles and I should be breaking the 90,000 mile mark before the end of this month (Aug). Aside from two pretty costly repairs: ABS controller and Thermostat replacement; I'm delighted with this vehicle and can't wait to let this Quattro loose in the ice and snow in a few more months. Thats is what the world-renowned "Quattro" AWD was engineered to do and a superior job it has done, to say the least. Keep all four turning, everyone!

Too much maintenance
By dakotarueckert on 07/29/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought used at 40,000 miles now has 112,000 miles. Fun to drive. Solid, no squeaks or rattles. Replaced 3 sensors, one of them twice; always $500 a pop. Replaced gasket to stop oil leak and burnt oil smell but hasn't worked. Some front end alignment issues also. No AM radio reception. First foreign car I've owned, not sure if I'll stay with Audi; more expensive maintenance than my previously owned Ford products.

no more audi's for me!
By unhappyA6 on 07/05/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 4dr Sedan

Engine light on/off when wind blows. LCD display fades to back.Changed tire arms twice. Leaks oil. Bottom's out over parking stops/entrance ramps. I'm going back to Acura!

Going for Japanese next time
By MariaM on 04/20/05 21:13 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I'm not impressed, considering how much this car cost and the ratings it has received. Like way too many other reviews I've seen, I've had many problems with the car (and of course they all happened just after the warranty ran out) - at 80,000 miles so far the following has stopped working: the computerized display, the glove box (for no apparent reason according to the dealership), the AM radio, the automatic windows, plus the transmission has started sounding scary (it lurches when changing gears). Mind you, all of these were not at all cheap to repair. It's a money sink, and I'm glad to be selling it.

Don't Buy A6
By Rob on 04/02/05 16:03 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car brand new in March of 2000. It has been driven very little, only has 58,000 miles after 4 + years. It has lots of problems. The dealer service was passable at best. Recently though with only 57,000 miles, I was told I need new turbo chargers at a cost of $6,200 dollars. I was shocked and even more surpirsed to hear Audi USA they wouldn't cover any of the cost. I have owned 4 Audi's previously and I will never buy another one. It's too bad because when it works, its a great car to drive. Doesn't hold value like a BMW or Mercedes.

Good car
By ghostrider on 04/01/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is a good balanced car. It doesn't have any major flaws. It is very comfortable, as agile as mid-size can be. It might not look impressive but for day-to-day driving it's just great.The repairs can be costly though.

2000 AUDI
By Gary Foster on 03/31/05 15:43 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great interior and very good driving car for enthusiast that does not care about rear-wheel drive. Very good gas mileage 18-20 City. 25 Highway. Excellent tarction in all weather conditions. In terms of reliability, it has aways started and has had a few too many trips to the service bay for an odd list of small issues ranging from a broken cup holder to a defective gas tank (recalled twice). Still looks great and has held up in tough urban driving. Ride is still very consistent and Quattro is excellent AWD system. It has never failed me.

Love this CAR
By TonyM on 03/15/05 16:27 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I used this site prior to buying my 2.7T. I was hesitant at first but after a test drive I fell in love. This is a wonderful car all around. The performance on wet or dry roads is outstanding. If snow is concern picture this, a hill early morning snow, front and rear wheel cars spinning their tires and an A6 2.7T Quattro going by without a problem. If you are looking for a car that looks good from all angles and performs as goods as it looks. Then look no further than the A6 2.7T. The only complaint is fuel economy. I also recommend Dealer service, they maybe more expensive but they know what they are doing and the peace of mind is worth it.

RIDICULOUS ride
By Nik on 12/16/04 17:19 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I've owned this car for almost a year now, and I drive it every day. I STILL get excited every time I drive it. The handling is incredible - I take 35 mph turns at 70 mph with ease. The 6-spd manual is a MUST- HAVE. I got this car for the value, options, and just because I love Audis. It's no exotic car like a Ferrari, but it STILL draws the attention anywhere I drive it.