2000 Audi A6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2.8 Avant quattro 2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Good all around package
By Tom Howe on 07/16/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Was looking to buy a Subaru Outback, but when I saw the Audi on a local car lot, I stopped in and gave it a drive. Was impressed by its styling. Very atttractive, but not pretentous. Transmission very smooth, as is engine, which has decent power, and gets good gas mileage for a V-6 AWD, about 25 MPG on highway. Fantastic on slick/wet roads. Nice leather interior that doesn't have any rips or discoloration after 130,000 miles. If you fold the rear seat down, there is a ton of room in the back. Great on long trips. Very reliable except for front driving light bulbs don't last very long. Well built, doesn't have any rattles

Like a bleached blonde
By jbszee on 06/05/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Flashy and fast. Your friends will envy you. But very expensive to maintain. Great fun to drive. Great performance/handling, great in snow. Comfortable, refined, roomy. Now the bad: poor gas mileage (17 mpg); eats brakes-pads & rotors every 18 month$, control arms bearings replaced twice in 3 years, water pump. Interior trim always falling off. Undercarriage airdam fell off while driving. LED display goes to black. "check engine" light goes on frequently, dealer says "intermittent"-no help. Don't buy one without extended warranty! I bought this used with about 27k on it. Warranty expires at 100k, then I'm done with it. Scratched the Audi itch.

Enjoy it, but....
By sdem on 12/28/07 18:03 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

We bought our Wagon 4 1/2 years ago and we've really enjoyed the styling and room it provides. As mentioned previously, the engine could have had more power but the T'tronic gives you the ability to get creative on the road. Great for hauling and it still looks great but the cost of minor problems is a bit much. we have 81k and i'm debating selling or trading in just because i worry about what's to come. again, i love the german styling, but my japanese vehicle is 3 years older and i feel safer on long trips in it rather than the audi.

A6 Wagon
By Bag on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Very useful car, holds a ton of stuff, especially if you add a roof rack. A bit underpowered at 200 HP, but adequate if you don't do a lot of hill driving. Great for kids, safe and reliable. Interior is superb for a car of this price.

Great car
By rfparedes on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

This car is great. I am happy with it and it is great with kids.

Great Car
By Rare Tampa AudiOwner on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

I've owned several cars from SAABs to Hondas to Acuras and by far, the engineering in the Audi is far superior to all the cars I've owned. There is no shortage of safety features in this car and they've thought of most convenience features in this package.

Best of All Worlds
By Multiple Audi Owner on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

We already have two other Audis, and bought a used 2000 A6 Avant (coming off lease) this past summer. Great car. Like all recent Audis, the best fit & finish, interior and exterior design in the business. This is by far the best looking wagon in North America (my sister owns a Merc E class wagon, and admits my car's superior style / design). This car is very comfortable on long hauls, and has great space for my three dogs. Superbly crafted, with lots of nice touches (double cargo mats, sun shade, retractable cargo net, etc.). Totally different in ride character from my 2001 A4 2.8Q (both do what they do quite well!).

Od to Audi
By The Engineer on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD

Quattro in New England, what can I say. A descreet car with an interior nothing short of exception. Nothing close this side of a Rolls, trust me on this. Build quality is the best of the German Big Three (Merc, BMW and Audi). I've owned jsut about everything but Audi in general always has me smiling.