Used 2000 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Oldie but goodie
By Christina Jacklin

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Excellent mileage, awesome comfort and I am so happy with the cost when I purchased it and overall excellent vehicle for all ages. As far as cost to repair well let's just say it's European. I am absolutely satisfied with my used 2000 Audi A6 Quattro

2000 Audi A6 quattro 2.7t My green alligator
By Richard Tanguay

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Like many others have said, expensive car to buy, will go anywhere in the snow, lots of power with the twin turbos, but after about 60,000 miles lots of leaks and sensor problems. Spent about equal time driving and being in the service station. Vacuum leaks, cam shaft seal leaks, valve cover leaks, axle leaks. Just about every week, something new comes up to fix and the repair bills were about $4,000 per year. Figured I better get rid of it before the turbos, engine, or transmission need replacing because those thing would cost me more than the car was valued at. I did keep the car for about 16 years, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't by an Audi (way overpriced), or if I did, I would sell it at about 60,000 miles. They do not hold their value well.
On a positive note, one of the best things about the Audi was after 16 years, there was no rust anywhere on the vehicle. Audi did an excellent job with metal finishing and plastic protecting guards underneath the vehicle to limit corrosion on these New England salted roads. In closing, my personal experience with the A6 is that it just keeps eating away at my wallet, my green alligator. Never another Audi for me.

What Should I Do?
By GodBlessAudi

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

99,000 miles, no hard driving or accident, decently maintained. Here are quote for repairing items from local dealer "Biener Audi" today. $580.- Front break pads and rotors $560.- Rear break pads and rotors $165. Coolant tank reservoir $800. Radiator $1100. Exhaust complete $1100. Both front lower control/wishbone suspension arms $192.- An hour & a half diagnosis $1600. Timing belt w/all rollers & water pump thermostat $400. Mirror (rusted because water sipping in) $800.- LED dashboard Total: $7,297. What should I do?

Loved the LED dashboard before it went out and became completely unreadable.

Quality. Quality. Quality. Reliability. Reliability, Reliability.

Never again
By JG

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

While this car was fun to drive it gave me nothing but grief after 95k miles. I had to replace both cv joints, the torque converter at 110k, the turbo after 100k, the front dash display, and a multitude of gaskets/o- rings-seals. Overall the car cost me $10,581.84 in repairs in two years! Audi's are great cars when you buy them new and trade them in after 5 years, otherwise buyer beware.

Hugs the road no matter what, and picks up and goes when the turbo works.

Audi engineers; take your mechanical blueprints and trash them. Redesign the engine with parts that will not fail, and hold true to the price bracket you are in. A $50k car should last 250k miles!!!

This is a great car!!
By yukon

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had the car for 7 1/2 years. It still looks and drives great. I just looked around, since I figured it was time to replace the car, and there is nothing that I like enough to justify replacing this car. I upgraded the suspension, and chippe dit 7 years ago, and it is still just a great package.

power, style, quattro, ergonomics