2000 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
Never again
By JG on 04/13/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

While this car was fun to drive it gave me nothing but grief after 95k miles. I had to replace both cv joints, the torque converter at 110k, the turbo after 100k, the front dash display, and a multitude of gaskets/o- rings-seals. Overall the car cost me $10,581.84 in repairs in two years! Audi's are great cars when you buy them new and trade them in after 5 years, otherwise buyer beware.

This is a great car!!
By yukon on 12/20/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had the car for 7 1/2 years. It still looks and drives great. I just looked around, since I figured it was time to replace the car, and there is nothing that I like enough to justify replacing this car. I upgraded the suspension, and chippe dit 7 years ago, and it is still just a great package.

Well Worth it!
By Janos on 06/14/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Being a lead foot driver for over 9 years I have no complaints about this car. After so many miles my last car (Acura) felt half as powerful, run down and rusting everywhere. This car feels as powerful and smooth as day 1, no rust (12 yrs rust warranty), the interior still feels modern and cool and I get compliments all the time about how new the car looks. The car seats 5 comfortably pus it has a lot of cargo space. I change tires yearly (summer/winter) and always manage to fit my 245mm wide tires and rims in the trunk with lowered back seats with plenty of room to spare. I love this car and would only trade it for another Audi.

Great car but...
By Alex Y on 06/01/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My Audi is a great car, but... don't get me wrong, this car shows power when needed and is able to handle almost anything. I am 18 and I drive hard. The best thing about this car is its turbo. Nothing is better than hitting the turbo redlining the engine and passing all of those slow drivers on the highway. The car also handles very well. Taking sharp turns at 30-40 mph gives you such a rush. However, because it performs so well it is easy to forget the car's limits.

multiple oil leaks
By e.tuirner on 03/12/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Don't get me wrong I love driving my Audi A6 2.7. But don't let me park in your driveway. I have the valve cover gasket changed three times last year and once this year, it leaks oil out of any and every place possible! The dealer told me that there are over a thousand places that the leaks could come from. I still love driving the A6 and if I could stop those oil leaks, I would be on top of the world. And why can't someone make better gaskets for that darn Audi. And so what if my check engine is always on, it reminds me that I have an engine for now!!!!!!!

Love the Car but Repairs are Too Costly
By Jenn on 04/29/07 07:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Overall I am grateful for the exceptional handling, especially fantastic in snow, but the expensive parts and repairs after ~70k miles have me disappointed in the long term value of this car. Just before the extended warranty ran out, I had the AM radio fixed (it had never worked). When I picked up the car I found that the warranty company had paid about $1,000 for that repair alone. Since then I've been spending about $1.5k - 3k every six months on repairs. As noted in other reviews, CD player failed and LCD panel faded at about 80k. The cup holders are flawed. I also no longer run back to the dealer to pay $110 for diagnosing the Check Engine Light that comes on every 2-3 months.

A6
By unknown on 08/10/06 17:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

i bought this car 2 mos ago with 83k. i loved it at first. i feel safe in it. i just had the timing belt go before it should have and cause major engine damage. i have heard a lot about sensors going bad. i would never buy another one with out a warranty. it is just not wise or financially practical because something is bound to go wrong because of the notorious electrical problems, and the cost to fix is high.

Wonderful Car
By craig on 07/19/06 00:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had my 2.7T since new (6 years) and it is a superb ride. At 70,000 miles I upgraded suspension with Eibach springs, Bilsein gas shocks, 17" BBS wheels and Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires. Wish I had done that sooner. The handling has gone from floaty to tracking on rails. The turbo motor is smooth, fast and fun. I can take the care anywhere and it looks great, especailly now that it's lowered a bit. Audi is making terrific cars these days. I love it. Only disappointment has been the brakes. Typical Audi issue.

Quid Pro Quo
By L Mac on 04/28/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought the car with 78k miles, to use as a weekly commuter vehicle, between Long Island, NY and New Hampshire, while doing contract work in NY. I was familiar with a friend's 4.2, and figured a quattro drive was critical for long weekly drives, through a Northeast Winter. However, because I insisted on a standard transmission, but still wanted performance, I went with the 2.7 biturbo 6-speed(sport package).

Too bad Warranty Ended when it did
By josh carter on 10/24/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Let me start off by saying I LOVE the interior design/ comforts. The car has been RELIABLE, but as soon as the warranty expired, the in-dash CD and the HUD info window started failing/ stopped all togther. Audi is aware of the HUD issues (very common issue), but refuses to address it out of warranty, and is VERY expensive to fix.