Used 2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Never again
By JG

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

While this car was fun to drive it gave me nothing but grief after 95k miles. I had to replace both cv joints, the torque converter at 110k, the turbo after 100k, the front dash display, and a multitude of gaskets/o- rings-seals. Overall the car cost me $10,581.84 in repairs in two years! Audi's are great cars when you buy them new and trade them in after 5 years, otherwise buyer beware.

Favorite Features

Hugs the road no matter what, and picks up and goes when the turbo works.

Suggested Improvements

Audi engineers; take your mechanical blueprints and trash them. Redesign the engine with parts that will not fail, and hold true to the price bracket you are in. A $50k car should last 250k miles!!!

This is a great car!!
By yukon

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had the car for 7 1/2 years. It still looks and drives great. I just looked around, since I figured it was time to replace the car, and there is nothing that I like enough to justify replacing this car. I upgraded the suspension, and chippe dit 7 years ago, and it is still just a great package.

Favorite Features

power, style, quattro, ergonomics

Well Worth it!
By Janos

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Being a lead foot driver for over 9 years I have no complaints about this car. After so many miles my last car (Acura) felt half as powerful, run down and rusting everywhere. This car feels as powerful and smooth as day 1, no rust (12 yrs rust warranty), the interior still feels modern and cool and I get compliments all the time about how new the car looks. The car seats 5 comfortably pus it has a lot of cargo space. I change tires yearly (summer/winter) and always manage to fit my 245mm wide tires and rims in the trunk with lowered back seats with plenty of room to spare. I love this car and would only trade it for another Audi.

Favorite Features

Design, Interior, Powerful engine, amazing traction

Suggested Improvements

reduce weight, improve headlight glass wear (tends to get hazy after a few years, sometimes it fogs)

Great car but...
By Alex Y

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My Audi is a great car, but... don't get me wrong, this car shows power when needed and is able to handle almost anything. I am 18 and I drive hard. The best thing about this car is its turbo. Nothing is better than hitting the turbo redlining the engine and passing all of those slow drivers on the highway. The car also handles very well. Taking sharp turns at 30-40 mph gives you such a rush. However, because it performs so well it is easy to forget the car's limits.

Favorite Features

The Turbo.

Suggested Improvements

When first getting the car I needed to put 3000 dollars in it to fix all of the electronics. Window motors become incredibly slow after 9 years. And sometimes needs replacement. If you were to buy the car, test the windows and all of the sensors first. The LCD screen may go too. Be careful.

multiple oil leaks
By e.tuirner

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Don't get me wrong I love driving my Audi A6 2.7. But don't let me park in your driveway. I have the valve cover gasket changed three times last year and once this year, it leaks oil out of any and every place possible! The dealer told me that there are over a thousand places that the leaks could come from. I still love driving the A6 and if I could stop those oil leaks, I would be on top of the world. And why can't someone make better gaskets for that darn Audi. And so what if my check engine is always on, it reminds me that I have an engine for now!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

All wheel drive has to be on top of the list, next is the twin turbos with almost no turbo lag. Yes yes yes!

Suggested Improvements

Better engineered gaskets, better engineered ignition control modules.