Used 2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

2000 Audi A6 quattro 2.7t My green alligator
By Richard Tanguay

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Like many others have said, expensive car to buy, will go anywhere in the snow, lots of power with the twin turbos, but after about 60,000 miles lots of leaks and sensor problems. Spent about equal time driving and being in the service station. Vacuum leaks, cam shaft seal leaks, valve cover leaks, axle leaks. Just about every week, something new comes up to fix and the repair bills were about $4,000 per year. Figured I better get rid of it before the turbos, engine, or transmission need replacing because those thing would cost me more than the car was valued at. I did keep the car for about 16 years, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't by an Audi (way overpriced), or if I did, I would sell it at about 60,000 miles. They do not hold their value well.
On a positive note, one of the best things about the Audi was after 16 years, there was no rust anywhere on the vehicle. Audi did an excellent job with metal finishing and plastic protecting guards underneath the vehicle to limit corrosion on these New England salted roads. In closing, my personal experience with the A6 is that it just keeps eating away at my wallet, my green alligator. Never another Audi for me.

Never again
By JG

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

While this car was fun to drive it gave me nothing but grief after 95k miles. I had to replace both cv joints, the torque converter at 110k, the turbo after 100k, the front dash display, and a multitude of gaskets/o- rings-seals. Overall the car cost me $10,581.84 in repairs in two years! Audi's are great cars when you buy them new and trade them in after 5 years, otherwise buyer beware.

Hugs the road no matter what, and picks up and goes when the turbo works.

Audi engineers; take your mechanical blueprints and trash them. Redesign the engine with parts that will not fail, and hold true to the price bracket you are in. A $50k car should last 250k miles!!!

This is a great car!!
By yukon

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had the car for 7 1/2 years. It still looks and drives great. I just looked around, since I figured it was time to replace the car, and there is nothing that I like enough to justify replacing this car. I upgraded the suspension, and chippe dit 7 years ago, and it is still just a great package.

power, style, quattro, ergonomics

Well Worth it!
By Janos

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Being a lead foot driver for over 9 years I have no complaints about this car. After so many miles my last car (Acura) felt half as powerful, run down and rusting everywhere. This car feels as powerful and smooth as day 1, no rust (12 yrs rust warranty), the interior still feels modern and cool and I get compliments all the time about how new the car looks. The car seats 5 comfortably pus it has a lot of cargo space. I change tires yearly (summer/winter) and always manage to fit my 245mm wide tires and rims in the trunk with lowered back seats with plenty of room to spare. I love this car and would only trade it for another Audi.

Design, Interior, Powerful engine, amazing traction

reduce weight, improve headlight glass wear (tends to get hazy after a few years, sometimes it fogs)

Great car but...
By Alex Y

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My Audi is a great car, but... don't get me wrong, this car shows power when needed and is able to handle almost anything. I am 18 and I drive hard. The best thing about this car is its turbo. Nothing is better than hitting the turbo redlining the engine and passing all of those slow drivers on the highway. The car also handles very well. Taking sharp turns at 30-40 mph gives you such a rush. However, because it performs so well it is easy to forget the car's limits.

The Turbo.

When first getting the car I needed to put 3000 dollars in it to fix all of the electronics. Window motors become incredibly slow after 9 years. And sometimes needs replacement. If you were to buy the car, test the windows and all of the sensors first. The LCD screen may go too. Be careful.