2000 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
no more audi's for me!
By unhappyA6 on 07/05/05 14:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

Engine light on/off when wind blows. LCD display fades to back.Changed tire arms twice. Leaks oil. Bottom's out over parking stops/entrance ramps. I'm going back to Acura!

Great Car
By Conejito on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

I love my A6. Very attractive exterior design. The inside is luxurious and spacious. Much more storage space than the BMW 5 series. I highly recommend it.

Luxury but Affordable
By David McConnell on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

I have found my 200 A-6 2.8 to be more luxurious than my previous BMW 5- series, but not as sporty.

Great drive bad reliability
By b williams on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in October 2003 with 30k. In one month I have replace brakes, roters (and they still squeek, Repaired many cabin rattles, and need to replace leeky valve cover gaskets. The car is fun to drive but I wished I had not bought it.

Dissapointed in Quality and Dealership
By motternd on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

Just got a certified preowned A6 from Jim Ellis Audi in Atlanta. Very unhappy with the quality. It has loose panels, rattles under the dash, and knocks from the rear dash. I took the vehicle in for electric short 5 months after buying & found that it needed $1400 of repairs. Needed new cv boots, tie rod ends, & had oil leak. I battled Jim Ellis & Audi of America for two weeks on this. A preowned certified vehicle should not need this type of work 5 months after purchasing. I finally got Jim Ellis Audi share the cost. Dont trust the preowned certified process. Have your own mechanic check the car before buying.

Love this car - so far
By hibby on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

I purchased it two weeks ago, but am loving it so far. Style, comfort, I love just looking at it as well as driving it. Great car

nice
By tennismiller on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

i love this car, it is all i need

happy so far!
By jiw on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

a bit leary of purchasing such a top- end $vehicle$ but we took the plunge anyway and bought a 2000 A6 with only 7,700 miles - coming off a lease. we've had our eye on this car for a while. a good friend owns one and loves it. we hope it doesn't soak us on costly repairs down the road! audi extended warranty looks excellent.

Worst car I've ever owned
By hatemyaudi on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 4dr Sedan

Constant small problems such as leaks, windows getting stuck over and over again. Rides like a tank. No pickup, very sluggish. Stereo is 3rd rate. I thought I was buying a higher end car, the only thing I got was a headache. NEVER, NEVER again will I buy an Audi.