2000 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
What Should I Do?
By GodBlessAudi on 07/08/10 10:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

99,000 miles, no hard driving or accident, decently maintained. Here are quote for repairing items from local dealer "Biener Audi" today. $580.- Front break pads and rotors $560.- Rear break pads and rotors $165. Coolant tank reservoir $800. Radiator $1100. Exhaust complete $1100. Both front lower control/wishbone suspension arms $192.- An hour & a half diagnosis $1600. Timing belt w/all rollers & water pump thermostat $400. Mirror (rusted because water sipping in) $800.- LED dashboard Total: $7,297. What should I do?

Never again
By JG on 04/13/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

While this car was fun to drive it gave me nothing but grief after 95k miles. I had to replace both cv joints, the torque converter at 110k, the turbo after 100k, the front dash display, and a multitude of gaskets/o- rings-seals. Overall the car cost me $10,581.84 in repairs in two years! Audi's are great cars when you buy them new and trade them in after 5 years, otherwise buyer beware.

This is a great car!!
By yukon on 12/20/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I have had the car for 7 1/2 years. It still looks and drives great. I just looked around, since I figured it was time to replace the car, and there is nothing that I like enough to justify replacing this car. I upgraded the suspension, and chippe dit 7 years ago, and it is still just a great package.

Well Worth it!
By Janos on 06/14/09 10:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Being a lead foot driver for over 9 years I have no complaints about this car. After so many miles my last car (Acura) felt half as powerful, run down and rusting everywhere. This car feels as powerful and smooth as day 1, no rust (12 yrs rust warranty), the interior still feels modern and cool and I get compliments all the time about how new the car looks. The car seats 5 comfortably pus it has a lot of cargo space. I change tires yearly (summer/winter) and always manage to fit my 245mm wide tires and rims in the trunk with lowered back seats with plenty of room to spare. I love this car and would only trade it for another Audi.

Great car but...
By Alex Y on 06/01/09 19:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My Audi is a great car, but... don't get me wrong, this car shows power when needed and is able to handle almost anything. I am 18 and I drive hard. The best thing about this car is its turbo. Nothing is better than hitting the turbo redlining the engine and passing all of those slow drivers on the highway. The car also handles very well. Taking sharp turns at 30-40 mph gives you such a rush. However, because it performs so well it is easy to forget the car's limits.

Don't buy a 2000 A6Q
By Greg H on 04/17/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Beautiful to look at. Metallic tan w/ a tan inside brown dash. I still have my 1996 A6 w/ 250,000 miles on it as we speak I have to drive the 96 because the 2000 is in the shop. Since owning the car I've replaced both cat converters w/ O2 sensors, timing belt water pump , all ball joints and tie rods, a number of blown cooling hoses (leaving me stranded) including 1 that was inside the engine $$$$. Spent over $2,000 on a oil leak (still leaks) was told that it's natural for that to happen, sensors etc. My 96 was sooo flawless and fun to drive much more powerful and comfortable. THE ABSOLUTE BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!. I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET A NEWER ONE AND NOW I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AUDI

Love to Drive my A6
By mrstros on 03/24/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased my A6 at 46K and it now has 112K miles. Everyone time I get in to drive it feels like a brand new car. The worse the weather the better it feels to drive. I truly love this car. Had only one big problem when interior flooded when cowl drain plugged. Great mileage as it averages 22 mpg when driven daily with AWD. Very well engineered.

multiple oil leaks
By e.tuirner on 03/12/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Audi A6 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Don't get me wrong I love driving my Audi A6 2.7. But don't let me park in your driveway. I have the valve cover gasket changed three times last year and once this year, it leaks oil out of any and every place possible! The dealer told me that there are over a thousand places that the leaks could come from. I still love driving the A6 and if I could stop those oil leaks, I would be on top of the world. And why can't someone make better gaskets for that darn Audi. And so what if my check engine is always on, it reminds me that I have an engine for now!!!!!!!

Glad I bought the 4.2l
By Paul on 02/08/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is my 5th audi. The 4.2l is a rocket on wheels and my favorite so far. Engine has been maint. free other then the standard timing belt / water pump change ($800) at 80K. Break pads last ~40K. Minor non-driveability repairs. Window switch ($110) 2x failed, 5 min DIY repair. Front end torsion squeaks (>$1000). Expensive oil changes ($80). Center display is getting dim. Most fun daily driver I have ever owned. Unique body and interior of the 4.2l sets it far about the mundane 2.7Ts. Great in the snow. Almost as fast as my 911. Find a non-dealer Audi mech., I haven't met a dealer yet that will let me out of the service bay for <$1000 of questionable repairs.

Fun to drive but drains your pockets
By audi4.2 on 12/15/08 10:52 AM (PST)

2000 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car with 80,000 a year ago. Its a wonderfull car to drive, i have had majors problems. Trasmission went out with no reverse two months ago.Audi dealer quote was 7000 for a rebulit which was almost as much as the car was worth. If you want a fun sedan 300hp safe in the winter all wheel drive, but it's going to cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars to maintain. I'm in the middle right I've spent already more money than the car is worth. She runs really good now and I hope for the new few years.