1997 Audi A6 Quattro
By burnedByAudi on
1997 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
Every car has lemons so take this review for what it is. See suggested improvements for electrical problems. My 1997 Audi A6 quattro Sedan drives smoothly and has moderate to good acceleration at highway speeds (none to speak of off the line -- low end torque simply isnt there). The steering is unrivaled compared to all other cars I've driven, if only there wasn't this nagging hydrolic problem every winter that makes a very loud noise and stiffens the power steering. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this car. I don't like it and it ended up costing me a great deal of money in the end.
Favorite Features
Comfort, the great steering (if it was functional all the time), and the reasonable acceleration on highway.
Suggested Improvements
The car has electrical problems which started showing up for me the week after I bought it. Bad luck? I don't know. Electrical problems such as lights going out in the dash and shifter are annoying, but the astronomical price to fix them is over the top. I had to replace the starter when it died at 75,000 miles.