Great well rounded car
By MKrenz on
1996 Audi A6 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
I would admit the car is a little heavy for the 2.8 v6 and the 4 speed automatic tranny doesn't help, but I have had a lot of fun with this car(I can drift and do donuts all day in an snowy parking lot). Unlike other AWD cars the rear wheels have power all the time which means a lot of fun, the quattro is excellent for my Ice rink of a drive way, and provides confidence going into corners. I get decent gas mileage about 22 average which isn't bad for a v6 AWD luxury car that is 12 years old. although I've added two 10" subs the stock sound system is great. The ride is pretty good although it can get a little bumper on broken up roads and the seats are adequate.
Favorite Features
Quattro, best AWD system available, Bose sound system, Heated leather seats(great for cold weather when warmed up), Very roomy, and big gas tank for 350 mile range.
Suggested Improvements
This car is 12 years old so these probably are irrelevant but here we go anyways. ABS is a little too sensitive for me, could use at least one more gear and a smarter tranny (would help power and gas mileage), and I have a hard time staying comfortable during long commutes.