2011 Audi A5 Consumer Review: A Head Turner Without Question

2011 Audi A5 - Consumer Review

2.0T Premium quattro Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

A Head Turner Without Question
By Rory on

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A tried and true BMW owner for the last 8 years, I decided to look at other options after I found the BMW dealers in my area arrogant and overpriced. I researched a number of Audi models including S4, A5 and S5. Being a cabriolet and performance fan, I was intrigued by the S5 Cab. Audi's do not have a hardtop, so I was immediately turned off and then considered the coupe instead, as noise was a factor. I eventually settled on the A5 coupe with a premium package. Aside from the S package, this is the only upgrade you can get in Canada. However, this car is a pleasure to drive, it has more power than I thought, and is beautifully appointed both from a technology and aestetics perspective.

The optional Harmon Kardon 14 speaker sound system, the smooth and slick ride, the quattro system (I live in Canada) and the interior. Beautiful!

Provide a 6 cylinder option in Canada. The new A5 only comes with a 2.0 litre engine. It is well powered, but would have preferred the 3.2 L engine as a matter of choice.