Perfect balance of style and luxury
By gavrik on
2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
As a former MB owner, I gave them first chance. Test drove several models and was left with that empty feeling of not being 100% satified. Several of my buddies who are BMW junkies had suggested I gave 335Xi a looksee. Yes, a great upgrade from Mercedes but still something was missing. Oh, that's right the car looked blah outside. So, my 3rd choice was the A5. Somewhat smaller than 335xi, I am not a big guy, the car felt a little tight but with a miriad of seating positions I was able to find one that was perfect for me. The car looks and drives like a dream. It has enough power for me to drive fast from standstill, I love the cockpit and the way it is laid out. This one is a keeper.
Favorite Features
Love the Side Assist, S-line comfortable seats, smooth driving. Car looks gorgeous outside and inside, especially with suede inserts. Some complain that rear visibility is an issue. I have not found this to be true. Also, having backup camera helps a lot when backing.
Suggested Improvements
Drove away from the dealership in summer tires which is a no-no here in Midwest. The tires were very noisy. Went to our local tire place and got Bridgestone all-season tire and the noise is gone, now everything is super quiet. Certain cockpit readouts should be controlled using the steering wheel. Instead, Audi relies on MMI too much. Also, would be nice for seats go back to the original position once the rear passengers are either in or out. I have to use memory seat position switch to complete the job.