Used 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A5 Coupe

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

I'm in love
By essoewhy

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Packages:
Premium Plus, Sport Package, MMI Nav, B&O sound system

This is my 2nd Audi (1998 A4).
Audi has hands down the best interior ergonomics and it continues with this car.
I was disappointed that the new VW has a touchscreen, but the higher end Audi, doesn't, however given the layout, a touchscreen would be awkward and inconvenient.
The MMI controls are laid out perfectly to where I can push buttons, shift and focus on the road all at once.
Exterior design is a head-turner which blows away the 2011 335xi (I don't really consider MB or Lexus competitors if you go with a 6sp manual tranny).
Less HP/Torque than a BMW, but also considerably less $$ than a 335xi.

-MMI -B&O sound system with iPod, SD connections -Exterior design, the DTR LEDs are a must!! -Cockpit feel -Interior ergonomics -Trunk design with an integrated cutout for golf clubs -panoramic sunroof

-Wider rear wheels with Sport Package so that they're flush with the fender -more rear leg room

Great car and 36+MPG!
By mps_

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had this car for 7 months and think it is the perfect balance of practicality and performance.
The 2.0T engine is fast but not even close to the S5.
I use this car as a daily driver and often commute 4o miles each way to work.

A great surprise with this car is the fuel economy.
I got an average of 36.5MPG coming home from work yesterday (mostly highway).
The stated MPG on this car MUCH less than what you get in real world driving.
I am surprised that there isn't more press about this?

MMI is a bit annoying and is more complex than it needs to be. You do however get used to it. A backup camera should be standard.

Car has it all
By mbanyc

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Well first of all, it's drop-dead gorgeous. Amazing Deep Sea Blue paint, although I personally think the curves show up better with the lighter colors. Seats are comfortable, but still could us more lateral support. 8 speed auto with the 2.0T is super-smooth, and sneaky fast, (although it's no M3-beater). But so what! It's a hoot to drive, comfortable without being cushy, and it gets a few more mpg than the 3.2 I'd been driving. Was concerned about a going to a 4 cylinder, but this engine is really special. A major improvement over the '08 2.0T that I didn't even consider. Can't wait to get it on a twisty back road!

That hot body. Much-improved MMI / navigation system. B&O sound system is tremendous. Backup camera with sensors that tell you when you're getting too close to something.

The front and back LEDs are a little bling-y for me. The front LEDs go out on one side when the turn signal is activated. What's that about? Wish they could figure out a way to make the sunroof removable or slide. Can't turn in the side mirrors remotely anymore? Seems like a silly oversight. All pet-peeves that will not take away from the joy of driving this car.

Excellent Value!
By mps_

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have been driving my A5 for 5 months now and I still love it.
It has decent engine power, although I would not classify it as sports car class.
The handling on the other handling is excellent and extremely confident in the corners at speed.
My car get 34mpg on the highway as well!
I don't think there is a car on the road that is this efficient, fun to drive, and great looking.
If you are looking for real sports car acceleration go for the S5.

Handling of the car.

I think that Audi can get more out their 4 cylinder engine. Even Hyundai is getting 270hp out of their 4 cycl.

Worth the wait
By rs691919

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It took almost five months to receive the car, but I took delivery last Friday.
I was apprehensive about the 4 cyl engine, but now 200 miles in I love it.
It is smooth and yet has enough power for a driver who is not looking to set speed records.
There is a slight turbo lag, but it doesn't bother me one bit.
The engine sound isn't brawny, but I just turn the music up so I can't hear it anyway!
The design, both exterior and interior, is immaculate.
It is truly a joy to drive, and even my eight year old son keeps running into the garage to sneak peeks in it.
I also feel the Prestige package is worth it for the smart key alone.

Exterior and interior styling iPod/iPhone interface Voice control is suprisingly good

Don't put the iPod connector in the glove box. This makes no sense. It should be in the the center console next to the 12V charger. This is terrible design and terribly inconvenient.