2011 Audi A5 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:
Perfect balance of style and luxury
By gavrik on 12/02/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

As a former MB owner, I gave them first chance. Test drove several models and was left with that empty feeling of not being 100% satified. Several of my buddies who are BMW junkies had suggested I gave 335Xi a looksee. Yes, a great upgrade from Mercedes but still something was missing. Oh, that's right the car looked blah outside. So, my 3rd choice was the A5. Somewhat smaller than 335xi, I am not a big guy, the car felt a little tight but with a miriad of seating positions I was able to find one that was perfect for me. The car looks and drives like a dream. It has enough power for me to drive fast from standstill, I love the cockpit and the way it is laid out. This one is a keeper.

Pretty But With Issues
By trakkarclay on 11/19/11 22:12 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

People will go out of their way to tell you how much they like the looks, but the car has issues and I sold mine after 10 months for a pretty steep write down. Issues: The 2.0 lags off the line The doors are incredibly heavy and passenger door lacks a gripable handle Mileage with 4 cylinders is only 25 MPG AC and heat loud and not effective Console box is too small Stock tires have no traction on wet road Car very hard to dry after washing, water drips from the mirror and back license frame Very low position, hard to see front - I popped 3 tires in 10 months Cabin noise pretty high on highway.

I'm in love
By essoewhy on 06/29/11 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Packages: Premium Plus, Sport Package, MMI Nav, B&O sound system This is my 2nd Audi (1998 A4). Audi has hands down the best interior ergonomics and it continues with this car. I was disappointed that the new VW has a touchscreen, but the higher end Audi, doesn't, however given the layout, a touchscreen would be awkward and inconvenient. The MMI controls are laid out perfectly to where I can push buttons, shift and focus on the road all at once. Exterior design is a head-turner which blows away the 2011 335xi (I don't really consider MB or Lexus competitors if you go with a 6sp manual tranny). Less HP/Torque than a BMW, but also considerably less $$ than a 335xi.

Great car and 36+MPG!
By mps_ on 06/17/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had this car for 7 months and think it is the perfect balance of practicality and performance. The 2.0T engine is fast but not even close to the S5. I use this car as a daily driver and often commute 4o miles each way to work. A great surprise with this car is the fuel economy. I got an average of 36.5MPG coming home from work yesterday (mostly highway). The stated MPG on this car MUCH less than what you get in real world driving. I am surprised that there isn't more press about this?

Car has it all
By mbanyc on 05/01/11 07:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Well first of all, it's drop-dead gorgeous. Amazing Deep Sea Blue paint, although I personally think the curves show up better with the lighter colors. Seats are comfortable, but still could us more lateral support. 8 speed auto with the 2.0T is super-smooth, and sneaky fast, (although it's no M3-beater). But so what! It's a hoot to drive, comfortable without being cushy, and it gets a few more mpg than the 3.2 I'd been driving. Was concerned about a going to a 4 cylinder, but this engine is really special. A major improvement over the '08 2.0T that I didn't even consider. Can't wait to get it on a twisty back road!

Excellent Value!
By mps_ on 04/12/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have been driving my A5 for 5 months now and I still love it. It has decent engine power, although I would not classify it as sports car class. The handling on the other handling is excellent and extremely confident in the corners at speed. My car get 34mpg on the highway as well! I don't think there is a car on the road that is this efficient, fun to drive, and great looking. If you are looking for real sports car acceleration go for the S5.

Worth the wait
By rs691919 on 03/22/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It took almost five months to receive the car, but I took delivery last Friday. I was apprehensive about the 4 cyl engine, but now 200 miles in I love it. It is smooth and yet has enough power for a driver who is not looking to set speed records. There is a slight turbo lag, but it doesn't bother me one bit. The engine sound isn't brawny, but I just turn the music up so I can't hear it anyway! The design, both exterior and interior, is immaculate. It is truly a joy to drive, and even my eight year old son keeps running into the garage to sneak peeks in it. I also feel the Prestige package is worth it for the smart key alone.

Worth It
By Mike on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Wow! I wanted a nice refined coupe to transition to from my '97 4Runner as my daily driver to ease my commute, and I am over the moon with this car. Initially I had some worries about Audi's spotty quality record, but the past 2.5 months have been reassuring. The 2.OT has more than enough pep for me right now, the interior is museum- quality, and the exterior design is drool-inducing. 99.9% of the amenities are well thought out and well implemented. Fuel economy with premium fuel is a bit less than I hoped (22mpg mixed, but as high as 29 on a clear hwy); given everything else this car has, I have had NO twinges of buyer's remorse. I look forward to another 15+ years with this car.

A Head Turner Without Question
By Rory on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A tried and true BMW owner for the last 8 years, I decided to look at other options after I found the BMW dealers in my area arrogant and overpriced. I researched a number of Audi models including S4, A5 and S5. Being a cabriolet and performance fan, I was intrigued by the S5 Cab. Audi's do not have a hardtop, so I was immediately turned off and then considered the coupe instead, as noise was a factor. I eventually settled on the A5 coupe with a premium package. Aside from the S package, this is the only upgrade you can get in Canada. However, this car is a pleasure to drive, it has more power than I thought, and is beautifully appointed both from a technology and aestetics perspective.

The Car Everyone Wants - Literally
By trakkarclay on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Has to be one of the most spirited 4-cylinder cars on the road. It prefers to drive fast with lots of torque to bring in the turbocharger. However, when driving residential it is a bit sluggish off the line. It feels like it starts in 3rd to save gas. If you have the Sport package, you can put it in tiptronic mode and shift the gears, which gives it more pick up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe in VA is:

$146 per month*