Used 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

2011 Audi A5 is so so but fun
By Jeff DeBiase jr

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Overall the performance is decent. Acceleration is fun but only when the transmission is in the sport mode but the Quattro handling is on point 100% of the time. The trunk size is better than in the 3 series coupe but rear seating room is minimal and don't even try putting a rear facing car seat in if you'd like to have a front passenger. The front seats are comfortable and plenty of leg room is provided. As far as the layout of the entertainment system, it could have been better thought out because it is confusing but the sound quality is great. Another HUGE negative is that you cannot play music through Bluetooth unless you get the $89 tunetoair device on Amazin. Overall the car is fun, comfortable and reliable.

Get a BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes or anything else!
By Gavin Williams

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I can't begin to say how much I regret my purchase. Shame on Audi for poor design, poor quality and essentially everything else besides styling. People will compliment the car all the time on the looks but thats all the car is good at. I drive a lot (20k per year) and I must say driving this car is miserable. On the commute in stop and go traffic the turbo lag and engagement is severe. The brakes are subpar and don't give a confident feeling like BMW does. The interior is a surplus of plastic and feels cheap. The iPod cable is in the passenger glove box and is horrible to use an you will forget your phone every time should you plug it in. The Sounds system is good but the base rattles every plastic piece. Wind noise is high on the freeway and the seats are uncomfortable. After owning BMW, Lexus, Jaguar and cadillac this will be my last Audi for sure. Very disappointed and cannot wait to get rid of it!

*Update - after owning the car 8 months I was lucky enough to get out of it and purchased a Cadillac Escalade. I could not be happier and am so glad to have the Audi gone. Sharp looking exterior but awful car overall.

Glad to be rid of this car
By dontlikeaudi

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought mine new in 2011 and kept in nearly 4 years. My car burned oil. Audi settled a class action lawsuit because they used bad parts that cause this problem. Getting warranty to deal with this or any other issue was always a pain in the rear.

The programming also was annoying. Set your lights to auto and everytime to open the door with to grab the mail with the engine on you get a warning tone. Radio presets always have to be selected instead of staying in memory. Service light can only be turned off by audi not independent garages. If the passenger unbuckles, I don't need a tone every 60 seconds.

I traded for a BMW and am very happy I got out of this POS.

I liked the soft top because it still left room in the trunk.

Don't skimp on cylinder linings to save a few bucks. While your at it, hire some software engineers to clean up the programming and usability. And honor your damn warranties and treat your customers with respect. Audi lost any repeat purchase from me or my wife over this car. The poor build quality could have been tolerated if Audi treated us well when trying to deal with the problems in their car. Worst $50k car I've ever bought.

Perfect balance of style and luxury
By gavrik

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

As a former MB owner, I gave them first chance. Test drove several models and was left with that empty feeling of not being 100% satified. Several of my buddies who are BMW junkies had suggested I gave 335Xi a looksee. Yes, a great upgrade from Mercedes but still something was missing. Oh, that's right the car looked blah outside.

So, my 3rd choice was the A5. Somewhat smaller than 335xi, I am not a big guy, the car felt a little tight but with a miriad of seating positions I was able to find one that was perfect for me. The car looks and drives like a dream. It has enough power for me to drive fast from standstill, I love the cockpit and the way it is laid out.

This one is a keeper.

Love the Side Assist, S-line comfortable seats, smooth driving. Car looks gorgeous outside and inside, especially with suede inserts. Some complain that rear visibility is an issue. I have not found this to be true. Also, having backup camera helps a lot when backing.

Drove away from the dealership in summer tires which is a no-no here in Midwest. The tires were very noisy. Went to our local tire place and got Bridgestone all-season tire and the noise is gone, now everything is super quiet. Certain cockpit readouts should be controlled using the steering wheel. Instead, Audi relies on MMI too much. Also, would be nice for seats go back to the original position once the rear passengers are either in or out. I have to use memory seat position switch to complete the job.

Pretty But With Issues
By trakkarclay

2011 Audi A5 Coupe 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

People will go out of their way to tell you how much they like the looks, but the car has issues and I sold mine after 10 months for a pretty steep write down.

Issues:
The 2.0 lags off the line
The doors are incredibly heavy and passenger door lacks a gripable handle
Mileage with 4 cylinders is only 25 MPG
AC and heat loud and not effective
Console box is too small
Stock tires have no traction on wet road
Car very hard to dry after washing, water drips from the mirror and back license frame
Very low position, hard to see front - I popped 3 tires in 10 months
Cabin noise pretty high on highway.

The lines. The Y-spoke rims. The handling.

See issues