Used 2011 Audi A5 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A5 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

Very unhappy with quality of Car
By rpm15

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

12 Months in and the car has been in the shop a dozen times. This time for 10 days. The car is a beauty. Drives well (Not a BMW). And is quattro. It has a a full trunk and the design is great. The reality is that the shifting is very suspect. It does not engage properly at slow speeds which is a safety issue when you accelerate. Audi says there is no issue. The bluetooth works when it wants to and the ipod hook up works when it wants to. I like the car but will never ever buy another Audi. Audi corporate is a nightmare and the build quality just is another nightmare. My service advisor is a good guy and we just laugh every time I call.

Top goes down and there is Quattro. There is a full trunk with a convertible.

Fix the transmission. And admit that there is a problem with the transmission. Also, fix the electronics in the car. I have been driving an 2011 A6 loaner that has the same electronic problems that my A5 Cabriolet has. Just not built well.

after 4 months and 4100 miles
By amiraqeel

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am extremly satisfied with Audi performance, look. I went back to dealer a few times after purchase and find it as courteous and frendly as they were on purchase day.

my favorite feature is mmi interface that works great with my Ipod

I have no complain and Audi ar cab doenot need any improvement, it's just a perfect car value for the dollars u spend

very unhappy with quality and service
By dontlikemyaudi

Drove porsches for 9 years, just got my Audi this summer. Radio works when it wants to but of course service says nothing wrong since it was working when I brought it in. Worse, the leather in pass seat split. Service claims puncture with knife. Umm, no. Don't think I ever stabbed my seat. Very dissatisfied.

45 days into the car A5 Coup
By ginter1

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my third Audi. I've been through 3 Lexus and 3 MB before I jumped into Audi. I must say up front I loved my 2007 A4 and thought with the kids out of the house it was time to drive a coup. I never had a single issue with my A4 Cabrio ( that I still own ) or my A4 sedan. The A5 has a bit of a different story. Right off the bat 3 defective tires. I kid you not and it took 4 days for Audi to approve their replacement. Besides this little hi-cup the car is a beauty. Feels great , great MPG and enough pep to run with the rest. Sporty steering wheel but if they tell you you can fit someone in the back seat forget it. I'll love the car for the 3 years until the lease is up. Then back to A4.

Fit and finish.............. great on the eyes and superior MPG. Its a looker and just feels sporty cruising around town. Built very solid and feels extremely safe. Super blue tooth. Much better than my last A4.

Needs more storage spaces. They took out both compartments from under the front seat and in the arm rest. The radio ( MMI ) neeeds getting used to. Its built for the teen techno not a middle aged exec.

a slug
By windrift1

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

looks great, fun to drive when at speed. but it is a total slug when taking off from a stop. There is virtually no response to the accelerator, sometimes it even shutters. I felt safer merging into tight traffic in my 2002 turbo diesel beetle. Also, the doors are so heavy that, when you throw them open to exit, they always close on you. The dealer says that the acceleration is normal for the cvt transmission.

looks, convertible.

make the engine respond to the gas pedal!!