2011 Audi A5 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:
Very unhappy with quality of Car
By rpm15 on 12/16/11 18:43 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

12 Months in and the car has been in the shop a dozen times. This time for 10 days. The car is a beauty. Drives well (Not a BMW). And is quattro. It has a a full trunk and the design is great. The reality is that the shifting is very suspect. It does not engage properly at slow speeds which is a safety issue when you accelerate. Audi says there is no issue. The bluetooth works when it wants to and the ipod hook up works when it wants to. I like the car but will never ever buy another Audi. Audi corporate is a nightmare and the build quality just is another nightmare. My service advisor is a good guy and we just laugh every time I call.

after 4 months and 4100 miles
By amiraqeel on 10/22/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am extremly satisfied with Audi performance, look. I went back to dealer a few times after purchase and find it as courteous and frendly as they were on purchase day.

very unhappy with quality and service
By dontlikemyaudi on 09/19/11 05:30 AM (PDT)

Drove porsches for 9 years, just got my Audi this summer. Radio works when it wants to but of course service says nothing wrong since it was working when I brought it in. Worse, the leather in pass seat split. Service claims puncture with knife. Umm, no. Don't think I ever stabbed my seat. Very dissatisfied.

45 days into the car A5 Coup
By ginter1 on 04/26/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my third Audi. I've been through 3 Lexus and 3 MB before I jumped into Audi. I must say up front I loved my 2007 A4 and thought with the kids out of the house it was time to drive a coup. I never had a single issue with my A4 Cabrio ( that I still own ) or my A4 sedan. The A5 has a bit of a different story. Right off the bat 3 defective tires. I kid you not and it took 4 days for Audi to approve their replacement. Besides this little hi-cup the car is a beauty. Feels great , great MPG and enough pep to run with the rest. Sporty steering wheel but if they tell you you can fit someone in the back seat forget it. I'll love the car for the 3 years until the lease is up. Then back to A4.

a slug
By windrift1 on 03/07/11 15:21 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

looks great, fun to drive when at speed. but it is a total slug when taking off from a stop. There is virtually no response to the accelerator, sometimes it even shutters. I felt safer merging into tight traffic in my 2002 turbo diesel beetle. Also, the doors are so heavy that, when you throw them open to exit, they always close on you. The dealer says that the acceleration is normal for the cvt transmission.

1st Month with A5 Cabrio
By mssaulnj1 on 12/28/10 15:57 PM (PST)

This car is great. It drives as good as it looks. I got the car in the winter in the North East. It handles very well in snow. Can't wait until spring when can put the top down...will feel like new car.

So Far So Good
By Andy on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I took delivery of the car two days ago and have enjoyed every minute in it. I look forward to starting the engine every morning. The car is VERY smooth, tightly assembled, well appointed, and really just a well built automobile. We looked at BMW, Volvo, & Lexus. The A5 won us over. Fun to drive, looks great outside & in, car is full of features and even plenty of room for a 4 yr old.

Drop Dead Gorgeous Ride
By hla26v on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

Third Audi that we have owned in the family ('99' A8, '97" S8) This vehicle is quite different. I purchased it for my wife's birthday. I am trying something completely new. I am giving her no opinion on the car, I am letting her do the grading and such. I give it all 10's because I researched out for 6 months. And I know Audi's. It sits on the fence between MB & BMW. It has the best of both of their worlds. Excellent vehicle.

Great Vehicle - Improved for '11
By PZ-NOLA on 07/29/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 Convertible 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Ordered 5/2010 -- one of the first '11's off the truck. Traded an '07 A4 Cab for this one. I'm very impressed with the quality and the additions made to the '11 vs the '10 (i.e. the Premium Plus package now includes an auto dimming mirror not available in '10, the radio presets now display the name and artist without having to go back to the main menu). It's larger, roomier and quieter than the A4. I chose the Teak Brown with Cardamon interior -- new combination for '11 -- stunning! Overall a great car although pricey @ $51k -- but still less than a BMW Cabriolet comparably equipped. MPG equal to sticker estimates with under 100 miles!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi A5 Convertible in NJ is:

$221 per month*