2011 Audi A5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:
after 4 months and 4100 miles
By amiraqeel on 10/22/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am extremly satisfied with Audi performance, look. I went back to dealer a few times after purchase and find it as courteous and frendly as they were on purchase day.

45 days into the car A5 Coup
By ginter1 on 04/26/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my third Audi. I've been through 3 Lexus and 3 MB before I jumped into Audi. I must say up front I loved my 2007 A4 and thought with the kids out of the house it was time to drive a coup. I never had a single issue with my A4 Cabrio ( that I still own ) or my A4 sedan. The A5 has a bit of a different story. Right off the bat 3 defective tires. I kid you not and it took 4 days for Audi to approve their replacement. Besides this little hi-cup the car is a beauty. Feels great , great MPG and enough pep to run with the rest. Sporty steering wheel but if they tell you you can fit someone in the back seat forget it. I'll love the car for the 3 years until the lease is up. Then back to A4.

a slug
By windrift1 on 03/07/11 15:21 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

looks great, fun to drive when at speed. but it is a total slug when taking off from a stop. There is virtually no response to the accelerator, sometimes it even shutters. I felt safer merging into tight traffic in my 2002 turbo diesel beetle. Also, the doors are so heavy that, when you throw them open to exit, they always close on you. The dealer says that the acceleration is normal for the cvt transmission.

Great Vehicle - Improved for '11
By PZ-NOLA on 07/29/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Ordered 5/2010 -- one of the first '11's off the truck. Traded an '07 A4 Cab for this one. I'm very impressed with the quality and the additions made to the '11 vs the '10 (i.e. the Premium Plus package now includes an auto dimming mirror not available in '10, the radio presets now display the name and artist without having to go back to the main menu). It's larger, roomier and quieter than the A4. I chose the Teak Brown with Cardamon interior -- new combination for '11 -- stunning! Overall a great car although pricey @ $51k -- but still less than a BMW Cabriolet comparably equipped. MPG equal to sticker estimates with under 100 miles!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi A5 in VA is:

$132 per month*