Used 2011 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A5 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi A5

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

Glad to be rid of this car
By dontlikeaudi

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought mine new in 2011 and kept in nearly 4 years. My car burned oil. Audi settled a class action lawsuit because they used bad parts that cause this problem. Getting warranty to deal with this or any other issue was always a pain in the rear. The programming also was annoying. Set your lights to auto and everytime to open the door with to grab the mail with the engine on you get a warning tone. Radio presets always have to be selected instead of staying in memory. Service light can only be turned off by audi not independent garages. If the passenger unbuckles, I don't need a tone every 60 seconds. I traded for a BMW and am very happy I got out of this POS.

Favorite Features

I liked the soft top because it still left room in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Don't skimp on cylinder linings to save a few bucks. While your at it, hire some software engineers to clean up the programming and usability. And honor your damn warranties and treat your customers with respect. Audi lost any repeat purchase from me or my wife over this car. The poor build quality could have been tolerated if Audi treated us well when trying to deal with the problems in their car. Worst $50k car I've ever bought.

Very unhappy with quality of Car
By rpm15

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

12 Months in and the car has been in the shop a dozen times. This time for 10 days. The car is a beauty. Drives well (Not a BMW). And is quattro. It has a a full trunk and the design is great. The reality is that the shifting is very suspect. It does not engage properly at slow speeds which is a safety issue when you accelerate. Audi says there is no issue. The bluetooth works when it wants to and the ipod hook up works when it wants to. I like the car but will never ever buy another Audi. Audi corporate is a nightmare and the build quality just is another nightmare. My service advisor is a good guy and we just laugh every time I call.

Favorite Features

Top goes down and there is Quattro. There is a full trunk with a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission. And admit that there is a problem with the transmission. Also, fix the electronics in the car. I have been driving an 2011 A6 loaner that has the same electronic problems that my A5 Cabriolet has. Just not built well.

Perfect balance of style and luxury
By gavrik

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

As a former MB owner, I gave them first chance. Test drove several models and was left with that empty feeling of not being 100% satified. Several of my buddies who are BMW junkies had suggested I gave 335Xi a looksee. Yes, a great upgrade from Mercedes but still something was missing. Oh, that's right the car looked blah outside. So, my 3rd choice was the A5. Somewhat smaller than 335xi, I am not a big guy, the car felt a little tight but with a miriad of seating positions I was able to find one that was perfect for me. The car looks and drives like a dream. It has enough power for me to drive fast from standstill, I love the cockpit and the way it is laid out. This one is a keeper.

Favorite Features

Love the Side Assist, S-line comfortable seats, smooth driving. Car looks gorgeous outside and inside, especially with suede inserts. Some complain that rear visibility is an issue. I have not found this to be true. Also, having backup camera helps a lot when backing.

Suggested Improvements

Drove away from the dealership in summer tires which is a no-no here in Midwest. The tires were very noisy. Went to our local tire place and got Bridgestone all-season tire and the noise is gone, now everything is super quiet. Certain cockpit readouts should be controlled using the steering wheel. Instead, Audi relies on MMI too much. Also, would be nice for seats go back to the original position once the rear passengers are either in or out. I have to use memory seat position switch to complete the job.

Pretty But With Issues
By trakkarclay

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

People will go out of their way to tell you how much they like the looks, but the car has issues and I sold mine after 10 months for a pretty steep write down. Issues: The 2.0 lags off the line The doors are incredibly heavy and passenger door lacks a gripable handle Mileage with 4 cylinders is only 25 MPG AC and heat loud and not effective Console box is too small Stock tires have no traction on wet road Car very hard to dry after washing, water drips from the mirror and back license frame Very low position, hard to see front - I popped 3 tires in 10 months Cabin noise pretty high on highway.

Favorite Features

The lines. The Y-spoke rims. The handling.

Suggested Improvements

See issues

after 4 months and 4100 miles
By amiraqeel

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am extremly satisfied with Audi performance, look. I went back to dealer a few times after purchase and find it as courteous and frendly as they were on purchase day.

Favorite Features

my favorite feature is mmi interface that works great with my Ipod

Suggested Improvements

I have no complain and Audi ar cab doenot need any improvement, it's just a perfect car value for the dollars u spend