2011 Audi A5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:
Very unhappy with quality of Car
By rpm15 on 12/16/11 18:43 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

12 Months in and the car has been in the shop a dozen times. This time for 10 days. The car is a beauty. Drives well (Not a BMW). And is quattro. It has a a full trunk and the design is great. The reality is that the shifting is very suspect. It does not engage properly at slow speeds which is a safety issue when you accelerate. Audi says there is no issue. The bluetooth works when it wants to and the ipod hook up works when it wants to. I like the car but will never ever buy another Audi. Audi corporate is a nightmare and the build quality just is another nightmare. My service advisor is a good guy and we just laugh every time I call.

Perfect balance of style and luxury
By gavrik on 12/02/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

As a former MB owner, I gave them first chance. Test drove several models and was left with that empty feeling of not being 100% satified. Several of my buddies who are BMW junkies had suggested I gave 335Xi a looksee. Yes, a great upgrade from Mercedes but still something was missing. Oh, that's right the car looked blah outside. So, my 3rd choice was the A5. Somewhat smaller than 335xi, I am not a big guy, the car felt a little tight but with a miriad of seating positions I was able to find one that was perfect for me. The car looks and drives like a dream. It has enough power for me to drive fast from standstill, I love the cockpit and the way it is laid out. This one is a keeper.

Pretty But With Issues
By trakkarclay on 11/19/11 22:12 PM (PST)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

People will go out of their way to tell you how much they like the looks, but the car has issues and I sold mine after 10 months for a pretty steep write down. Issues: The 2.0 lags off the line The doors are incredibly heavy and passenger door lacks a gripable handle Mileage with 4 cylinders is only 25 MPG AC and heat loud and not effective Console box is too small Stock tires have no traction on wet road Car very hard to dry after washing, water drips from the mirror and back license frame Very low position, hard to see front - I popped 3 tires in 10 months Cabin noise pretty high on highway.

after 4 months and 4100 miles
By amiraqeel on 10/22/11 09:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am extremly satisfied with Audi performance, look. I went back to dealer a few times after purchase and find it as courteous and frendly as they were on purchase day.

very unhappy with quality and service
By dontlikemyaudi on 09/19/11 05:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Drove porsches for 9 years, just got my Audi this summer. Radio works when it wants to but of course service says nothing wrong since it was working when I brought it in. Worse, the leather in pass seat split. Service claims puncture with knife. Umm, no. Don't think I ever stabbed my seat. Very dissatisfied.

I'm in love
By essoewhy on 06/29/11 14:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Packages: Premium Plus, Sport Package, MMI Nav, B&O sound system This is my 2nd Audi (1998 A4). Audi has hands down the best interior ergonomics and it continues with this car. I was disappointed that the new VW has a touchscreen, but the higher end Audi, doesn't, however given the layout, a touchscreen would be awkward and inconvenient. The MMI controls are laid out perfectly to where I can push buttons, shift and focus on the road all at once. Exterior design is a head-turner which blows away the 2011 335xi (I don't really consider MB or Lexus competitors if you go with a 6sp manual tranny). Less HP/Torque than a BMW, but also considerably less $$ than a 335xi.

Great car and 36+MPG!
By mps_ on 06/17/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had this car for 7 months and think it is the perfect balance of practicality and performance. The 2.0T engine is fast but not even close to the S5. I use this car as a daily driver and often commute 4o miles each way to work. A great surprise with this car is the fuel economy. I got an average of 36.5MPG coming home from work yesterday (mostly highway). The stated MPG on this car MUCH less than what you get in real world driving. I am surprised that there isn't more press about this?

Car has it all
By mbanyc on 05/01/11 07:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Well first of all, it's drop-dead gorgeous. Amazing Deep Sea Blue paint, although I personally think the curves show up better with the lighter colors. Seats are comfortable, but still could us more lateral support. 8 speed auto with the 2.0T is super-smooth, and sneaky fast, (although it's no M3-beater). But so what! It's a hoot to drive, comfortable without being cushy, and it gets a few more mpg than the 3.2 I'd been driving. Was concerned about a going to a 4 cylinder, but this engine is really special. A major improvement over the '08 2.0T that I didn't even consider. Can't wait to get it on a twisty back road!

45 days into the car A5 Coup
By ginter1 on 04/26/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my third Audi. I've been through 3 Lexus and 3 MB before I jumped into Audi. I must say up front I loved my 2007 A4 and thought with the kids out of the house it was time to drive a coup. I never had a single issue with my A4 Cabrio ( that I still own ) or my A4 sedan. The A5 has a bit of a different story. Right off the bat 3 defective tires. I kid you not and it took 4 days for Audi to approve their replacement. Besides this little hi-cup the car is a beauty. Feels great , great MPG and enough pep to run with the rest. Sporty steering wheel but if they tell you you can fit someone in the back seat forget it. I'll love the car for the 3 years until the lease is up. Then back to A4.

Excellent Value!
By mps_ on 04/12/11 18:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have been driving my A5 for 5 months now and I still love it. It has decent engine power, although I would not classify it as sports car class. The handling on the other handling is excellent and extremely confident in the corners at speed. My car get 34mpg on the highway as well! I don't think there is a car on the road that is this efficient, fun to drive, and great looking. If you are looking for real sports car acceleration go for the S5.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Audi A5 in VA is:

$146 per month*