2009 Audi A5 Consumer Review: Another Great Audi

2009 Audi A5 - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Another Great Audi
By Togs on

2009 Audi A5 quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Audi. I've had 3 A4s (2 wagons and 1 sedan), Lexus RX330 and a 545i as recent cars. The A5 blows them all away. the 3.2 easily competes w/ the 545 V8 and the driving performance is awesome. The system is WAY better than iDrive and the instruments are easy to use. It looks great, drives great and (as usual) is a completely reliable performance vehicle. Not a single issue. Only drawback are the seats. Read a lot about the regular (non S-Line) seats before I bought and still went with the standard seats. Coming from the Lexus, I had a really hard time with back and hip pain in the Audi seats. Tough comparison from a Lexus SUV to a sports car, but wishing for better comfort.

Favorite Features

User interface is very intuitive and easy to use. LOVE LOVE the sport mode in automatic. I live in SF and wanted the 6 speed, but the sport mode in auto convinced me I could go with this and not miss out on any power. Also love the LED lights on the front. Lots of compliments on the overall car.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are awful, flat out. I drove an S5 recently and it's night and day w/ the Recaros. I'm only 33 and haven't found a great position in the seats in a year of owning the car, but I'm dealing w/ it b/c everything else about the car is a 10 out of 10.